Vendors Market > Crazy Stu Designs

Sand carb mod

(1/4) > >>

Crazy_stu:
Stuís carb mod

Ok guys I will be offering the carbs already modified, you can order the carb of your choice and have it modified and sent to you.  I can modify basically any carb that uses the conventional size carb shaft for example Walbro 257, 449 ,668, 771, 929, 990, 997, 1048, 1052.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I will only be modifying new carbs, no second hand ones and they can be purchased from me, there will be a general turnaround time of 2 weeks depending on the availability of the carb at the time of purchase.  

The modification will be using high quality Rubber sealed bearings.

So the question is why you would modify a carb by installing bearings, the main reason is fine dust and sand gets into your carb via the weakest part, the carb shaft.  When it enters it can gum up the shaft so that it binds, sticks open and in turn wears the carb shaft so it creates an air leak.  This mod stops 99% of dust and sand from entering the carb making the carb basically maintenance free.

I will only give prices of the more common carbs, if you require a different carb than Iíve specified please PM me and I will get you a price.  

Bearing modded carb prices
990 - $82.00
771 - $79.00
668 - $75.00

These prices are made in mind that Iím only making money on my time to set it up as it takes a while to get it right and they do not include postage.

Stu

SHORTCUT:
Stu that's a fantastic idea that your doing.
Not many guys out there including myself would be able to do this mod.
Well done mate and I will be ordering one soon.

Crazy_stu:
Thanks Scotty,  yeah its not a bad idea.

Last year i went to the dunes in tassie and after half a day in the sand my carb was already gumed up, so i thought theres got to be a better way.

Chicko:
Do you still have any custom dill bits in stock? Wouldn't mind getting one.

Crazy_stu:
3 more bits sold

only 12 left

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version