Aircraft > General Aircraft Chat

Behemoth 60 inch F.P.V. Wing.

(1/4) > >>

savage600:
Hey guys, I have found a new interest and passion in " Flying Wings " and soon 3.D. Printing.

I still have Drones, Multirotors etc and the Heli's are on the chopping block, but that's life I guess.

So I thought I'd do a bit of a Build Thread for the Sweepwings Behemoth 60 Inch F.P.V. Wing.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I bought a new kit from a friend here in Adelaide, as he had it laying around collecting dust and didn't want it anymore.

It will be a longer term project and I have about 3/4's of the gear here for it, inc the F.P.V. gear.

I am using the following gear in it.

Gaui Fullsize Digital Servos rom an X5 kit.
Hobbywing 100 amp esc.
Turnigy 600 sized heli motor H3740-1180K.V. running 10x10 prop.
Turnigy Pluash esc to utilise it's inbuilt bec ( motor wires not connected ).
Sony 600 tvl F.P.V. cam with OSD.
Foxtech Vtx.
Optipower thingy for redundant power supply form one of the larger Heli's.
2 x 4s 5000 mah packs.

I am currently looking into what receiver etc and what TX to use ( either my JR 11X or my Frsky Taranis X9D plus) with either the TBS Crossfire ( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) or the Dragonlink v2/v3 system ( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ).

So to not make you wait any longer, here are a few pics of it to date.

Pics to come in the following posts.

Thanks for looking ,

Cheers Dave.

savage600:
The lines that you can see on the top and the bottom of the wing are the spars, except for the two smaller ones on either side of the centre section, as these are where it is joined together.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The Bonsai is 600 wing tip to wing tip.
The Teksumo is 900 wing tip to wing tip.
The Behemoth is 1500 wing tip to wing tip.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Baja Dan:
Wow dave, you really do have old man hands..

savage600:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginWow dave, you really do have old man hands..

--- End quote ---

Old man Hands?

I Jambed my thumb in the car door weeks ago and now my thumb nail is going black ( as pictured ), they could bee seen as Hard working Man's Hands, ain't no paper cuts on these hands mate.

Baja Dan:
I dont get paper cuts. I dont use paper...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version