Offroad Build Threads > General Offroad Chat

Sticky Grub Screws

(1/2) > >>

Mario:
Hey RC Fans..
 im trying to change a spur and pinion gear along with a carrier.. 3 grub screws in each, 2 come out with some effort but i cant get 1 grub out of each of them.. Does 1 grub screw out of 3 have the thread in reverse direction? i did try going the other way just incase but still no joy..  tried heating them up with a torch, still no joy, got the drill out but i think my drill bits are too cheap for the job and i didnt get further than the whole for the allen key..  I will stop into bunnings and see if i can find drill bits for hardened steel  ... other than that any ideas?  they are locked in tight managed to twist the allen key, looks like candy cane now...

Mario.

Baja Dan:
a little more information is needed here mario, or maybe even a photo of what you are trying to do.

Mario:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Logina little more information is needed here mario, or maybe even a photo of what you are trying to do.

--- End quote ---

really.. thought i explained it well..  you know the grub screws holding the spur or pinion gear on or from rotating.. just trying to get them out... 2 out of 3 came out no probs..but 1 in each wont budge..  a mate has just leant me his "easy out" set (tool for removing broken screws etc) and ill pop into Blackwoods this afternoon and pick up a Carbide tipped drill... if i still have no joy ill post pics tonight...

Cheers Mario..

Baja Dan:
what vehicle are you working on?

Mario:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginwhat vehicle are you working on?

--- End quote ---

Hormann HT3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version