Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Hi Guys from Parramatta NSW  (Read 858 times)

Offline bytraperTopic starter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 1
Hi Guys from Parramatta NSW
« on: June 15, 2018, 05:14:54 PM »
Hi Everyone,
New to the forum, haven't been into RC stuff since my original Team Associated RC10 Graphite electric about 20 odd years ago and a Savage Nitro a few years back!
Im at Parramatta in NSW, I see a few guys running Baja's down the parks here, is there anyone here from the area?

I just bought a Baja 5B!

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2944
  • Banned for Life Aye
    • The Worlds Best RC Site, Bar None
  • Location: Jack Lives Here, Jim Lives Here, So, I Live Here.......
  • Club: UHROC
Re: Hi Guys from Parramatta NSW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 10:39:39 PM »
Welcome to LSD mate, 
first of all, excellent choice on the baja. 

My first tip, and it will seem strange to a newbie, is to disassemble the whole car, download the 5bss manual, if you havent already, and rebuild the whole thing from scratch, replacing the bearings as you go. 

this will not only teach you all about the car, but give you the confidence to repair it in the event of an issue, and there will be issues. 

oh, and by the way....

&worthless&
Sent from the LSD Naughty corner, using a flashlight and morse code

.... - - .--. ---... -..-. -..-. -... .. - .-.-.- .-.. -.-- -..-. .---- --... .-- ..-. -.. ..-. .-.

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 12:48:03 PM »
I got the buggy on Gumtree... its got a 32cc motor and all the steering has been upgraded to alloy stuff!
I decided to buy it used rather than new because I didn't know what upgrades that people commonly bought for these, so rather than buying new and having to wait for a bunch of parts to come in from everywhere, I figured it was easier to buy something that had already had all the upgrades and some spares so that I could be pretty much ready to rock and roll!

I also bought a brand new Kraken Vekta.5 from Menace R/C along with a Futaba best of everything controller... of which sadly I've had both for at least 6 months and have never taken them out of the package to play with...!

These are the images taken from Pack and Send, I guess once I receive it, I can take some better ones!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 09:57:56 PM »
Here's my Vekta... and the remote i got to go with it, I hope these pics help and I hope I can meet some new friends to go out and have some fun with!

Offline mintie

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 09:54:23 PM »
hey bro, nice car!!  me and another 5 guys are playing with our losi and baja at henry lawson drive opposite the rc track, we normally play sat afternoon, mess me if you want to come and have a rip