Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Let's build a Kraken Vekta LSE Kit!  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Grim ReaperTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 3645
  • Mick
  • Club: Red Lion Rebels
Let's build a Kraken Vekta LSE Kit!
« on: May 10, 2018, 05:11:14 PM »
So ever since the Vekta was released in a kit form I was drawn to it instantly, just the look of it and something different which sets it apart I knew I wanted one. Youtube vids and pics just wasn't cutting anymore lol. So I started saving my pennies and sold a heap of gear and this week it finally arrived after a month long wait on back order from Garth at Menace RC the wait is over headbang

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Got all the bags out of the box and sorted them out making sure everything is there...I'd heard of some guys missing some parts in their kits...I did find I was missing some bolts and a couple bearings - got onto Garth and he sorted me out straight away and Kraken are sending the bolts so I'm happy with that

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

So as I go through the parts especially the alloy parts I think they've improved a heap on quality as they've had issues in the past - I have to say I'm impressed with the finishing on pretty much all the parts, no burrs or rough edges etc. which is nice to see them paying attention to detail. The rear axle is simply bad ass, pics don't do it justice!

So I've made a start on a few things like the air filter setup and the fuel tank - I've added a few little essential upgrades like high flow fittings and quick release connectors to the fuel lines and an outerwears. Had a spare alloy fuel cap which was a perfect fit too thumbsup

I already had an idea in my head for the tyres so I got that done and out of the way.....the tyres feel nice, not too soft but not too hard either

It's recommended to use retaining compound for the tranny bearings so I got that job done aswell, messy shit but after a clean up came up okay so set them aside to set overnight

Now it's onto the actual chassis and parts, got a couple things installed but that's as far as I got after discovering the missing bolts. Stay tuned for plenty more to come!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 05:20:04 PM by Grim Reaper »

Offline Pappa Smurf

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1159
  • have fun with LS or you'll go mad
  • Club: LSCV
Re: Let's build a Kraken Vekta LSE Kit!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 05:55:44 PM »
Looking good Mick May have missed but what motor R U planning 32??
Grumpy old carnt
1 x Rovan 5b and loving it
2 x gas monos
1 HPI 5b
1 MCD
2 Losi 5iveT
Happy user of Micks Mods motors

5 assorted Aeros
Red Lion Rebel
Bunyip Basher
Leongatha Lout
2013 Nats with Sammy
LSCV No 10

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 06:29:17 PM »
Thanks Richo - yep 32 coupled with a modified 990 carby and an Olimat pipe thumbsup

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15399
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 07:13:52 PM »
eek2 DAMN!!!! this is going to be an awesome looking beast!!! Congrats on the purchase mate. Soak up the build and enjoy every bit of it... *notworthy*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Novice

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 312
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 08:16:36 PM »
Wow. Looks sexy!

Maybe you should have put this in the D A = Dead last. Bump thread 🤣

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 06:25:53 PM »
I reckon the rear axle is *perve* for sure *rofl*

Made a bit more progress on the build..........got the diffs built........comes with 500,000W oil - bloody thick shit!!

The kit comes with a small amount of green grease but I use Penrite grease in all my cars so the Vekta gets the same treatment

My Olimat pipe arrived the other day as well - that's the final piece of the puzzle - such a nice finish headbang

Started to build the front end, coming together nicely

Now onto the tranny case.......adjustable clutch all together ready to bolt onto the chassis

That's it for now, next job will be to build the shocks and the rear end thumbsup

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 09:59:59 AM »
Got the shocks built, a little tip I found was to use teflon tape on the shock caps as they will work themselves loose!

Got the side rails, tank and motor fitted - starting to come along now!

Offline Hor Mann

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7907
  • Wanna see my watch?
  • Skype Name: kevinl2375
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 10:30:43 AM »
The more i look at these, the more i would like to build one...
Something i need to look into more.

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 06:46:16 PM »
Hey Kev this car has been a really fun build mate, really enjoying it so far! Very to close to being a roller thumbsup

Offline qszwax

• LSD New
  • Liked: 1
    • Josef
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 09:54:03 PM »
Awesome write up! I also am drooling over this kit and want one badly ! they look insane. Cant wait to see the rest of the build !

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 07:53:33 PM »
So I've got the rear end all finished now. The trailing arm rod ends were a b**** do do up, mainly because this isn't much room for an allen key or a socket wrench to work so I had to get creative! Got some packers and jammed them in to keep the allen key in place, then used another driver on the rod end thumbsup

The rear axle has a unique design whereby you can adjust your toe and camber with this smart system..........really nice setup IMO

Shocks, links, telescopic shaft and support arms all installed..........just need to bolt it all up to the front and we will have a roller headbang

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2940
  • Banned for Life Aye
    • The Worlds Best RC Site, Bar None
  • Location: Jack Lives Here, Jim Lives Here, So, I Live Here.......
  • Club: UHROC
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 11:47:08 AM »
these are allowed to race now arent they?
Sent from the LSD Naughty corner, using a flashlight and morse code

.... - - .--. ---... -..-. -..-. -... .. - .-.-.- .-.. -.-- -..-. .---- --... .-- ..-. -.. ..-. .-.

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 04:04:27 PM »
Yes I believe some clubs allow them to race - Some guys race at WABA and I know Simon (Olimat) races his also............not sure on engine sizes though on theirs

Offline Pappa Smurf

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 05:13:28 PM »
Club races up to club thumbsup Sanctioned events 30.5 max  so go get a fukin good rooster tail thumbsup
Grumpy old carnt
2 x gas monos
1 HPI 5b
1 MCD
2 Losi 5iveT

5 assorted Aeros
Red Lion Rebel
Bunyip Basher
Leongatha Lout
2013 Nats with Sammy
LSCV No 10

Offline Predator RC

• LSD Contributor
  • LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 55
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 09:02:03 AM »
Awesome write up! I also am drooling over this kit and want one badly ! they look insane. Cant wait to see the rest of the build !

Plenty in stock in OZ and price has been reduced by $50 off normal price  untill the 20th May You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:11:10 AM by Predator RC »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 09:22:33 AM »

Plenty in stock in OZ and price has been reduced by $50 off normal price  untill the 20th May You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Damn! If was ever going to get another 1/5th scale this would be it..... awesome value for money!!! headbang

Oh and loving the new web site layout!! *notworthy*

Offline corty351w

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1955
  • Shane
  • Club: GRCOR
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 05:26:32 PM »
these are allowed to race now arent they?

The width is way over the allowed max width, and depending on upgrades max weight could be a issue.

GRCOR Member #0001

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 05:34:04 PM »
The new KV5TT truck coming soon will be better suited for racing, this is a better basher IMO

Should have this as a roller on the weekend sostay tunes for some more pics to come thumbsup

Offline Pappa Smurf

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 05:36:06 PM »
Shane
Club Races ????    Sanctioned events  NO
Grumpy old carnt
2 x gas monos
1 HPI 5b
1 MCD
2 Losi 5iveT

5 assorted Aeros
Red Lion Rebel
Bunyip Basher
Leongatha Lout
2013 Nats with Sammy
LSCV No 10

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 05:34:09 PM »
Finally we have a roller headbang  all seems nice and smooth......still got plenty to do and several adjustments but it's getting there thumbsup

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 05:38:28 PM »
Looks bloody awesome Mick headbang

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 04:33:09 PM »
Cheers Steve, all starting to come together now.........got the electrics sorted last night...had to use a 2 way splitter cable to the on off switch wire to the RX.....not much real estate inside the battery box but still enough room to squeeze a 7200 lipo in there!

Picked up a couple of JX servos from Ali Express a while ago............gonna test them out as I want to see how they perform......she's a heavy rig this one

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2018, 05:09:03 PM »
So this shitty weather and rain is crap so I thought I may as well finish her off...........ready for it's maiden headbang

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2018, 08:53:47 AM »
Got the cage and panels done.....just waiting for some nice weather now thumbsup

Offline millzee

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 4219
  • Danny
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 11:43:52 AM »
Backflip time, awesome stuff mate headbang
"Go Hard for Fun"
Trucks, Cars, Boats, choppers, drones and crashed planes.