Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  FS Racing / AMEX SCT  (Read 1390 times)

Offline StangasTopic starter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 3
FS Racing / AMEX SCT
« on: March 31, 2018, 02:39:47 AM »
Hiya all..

Been a while, been running our local RC club.

So last i spoke i had a very blinged up HPI Baja that i was too scared to use..  So it has been sold (got $800)

I have only the other day scored one of these FS racing SCT's real cheap..  I have ordered the parts that were broken and should be running in the next few days.
I bought it to race, so i am after some suggestions or opinions on this truck.

First question..  is it worth converting to 4wd?  The complete conversion is only $110..  Otherwise I will have to enter the 2wd Outlaw class..  so anything goes.
4wd will put it alongside the LOSI..  Will it hold up against these trucks?  2wd class i would also be surprised if it can hold its own as the suspension travel is much less than the HPI.

I have scouted the internet, but found only minimal hop ups for this truck, and all in areas that i wouldn't hop up.. like Alloy top arms etc.  No mention of clutches or upgraded gearing.  I am hoping someone says that all the engine stuff is pretty universal, so the clutches and the like from the Zenoah style engines fit.

Is it worth putting the second steering servo in?  The car will only be driven in controlled areas, so should be ok i would have thought, not gonna hit curbs or letterboxes.

I have been racing RC for about 5 years in anger, but for too many years to want to count.  I am not expecting to win at all, but want to be able to finish the day.

Any help appreciated

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2944
  • Banned for Life Aye
    • The Worlds Best RC Site, Bar None
  • Location: Jack Lives Here, Jim Lives Here, So, I Live Here.......
  • Club: UHROC
Re: FS Racing / AMEX SCT
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 10:07:18 PM »
Iíve personally never heard of them, so i cannot comment on how good they will be for racing, but ibwould presume that the fact that you cannot find spares readily available isnt a great sign
Sent from the LSD Naughty corner, using a flashlight and morse code

.... - - .--. ---... -..-. -..-. -... .. - .-.-.- .-.. -.-- -..-. .---- --... .-- ..-. -.. ..-. .-.

Offline Aussie Hobbies

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1227
    • Pete
    • Aussie Hobbies
  • Club: QORLS
Re: FS Racing / AMEX SCT
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 08:00:07 AM »
Gday Mate , look they are just a cheap truck that you buy off Bangood (chinese) the only place you will find parts are online from china mostly , take some advice have some fun with it learn a bit about racing , its not woth doing any upgrades or mods to it you can buy them new for $200 us $ just play with it and have fun after all thats what we aim for fun
pete
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login