Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Hello from Denver, Colorado USA  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Lou0151Topic starter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • LSD New
  • Liked: 0
Hello from Denver, Colorado USA
« on: December 30, 2017, 03:57:31 PM »
Howdy all...

My name is Lou, I am just now re-igniting my love of off-road RC racing after a 26 year hiatus. I was a pretty hard-core 1/10th scale 2wd modified racer from 87-91 (RC10's) then a volcano changed my priorities and just never got back into it.

Over the last 2 months I have been diving back in and have discovered the 1/5th scale world. I'll be picking up an HPI Baja 5b SS (second hand) tomorrow and am trying to make all the possible connections I can to learn about these cool-as-hell mechanical beasts.

It has been a long while since I was last in AU, hope to return there sooner rather than later to see good friends and maybe even race some.

Looking forward to meeting and learning from many of you through this forum.

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2944
  • Banned for Life Aye
    • The Worlds Best RC Site, Bar None
  • Location: Jack Lives Here, Jim Lives Here, So, I Live Here.......
  • Club: UHROC
Re: Hello from Denver, Colorado USA
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 04:52:22 PM »
Welcome mate, there are plenty of guys here who know a whole lot about baja’s. You have started off right by going genuine to start with, but as with all second hand gear, do a full tear down and rebuild when you get it, it will help with repairs later
Sent from the LSD Naughty corner, using a flashlight and morse code

.... - - .--. ---... -..-. -..-. -... .. - .-.-.- .-.. -.-- -..-. .---- --... .-- ..-. -.. ..-. .-.

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15413
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 09:51:45 AM »
Gday Lou and welcome to LSD mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Craig1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • LSD New
  • Liked: 7
    • Craig
  • Club: NSWRCRCC
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 11:21:42 PM »
Welcome mate, can't help you with any Baja stuff but I do have some relatives in the Springs.

Last time there we stayed up in Denver a few days around Cherry Creek, nice place.

Howdy all...

My name is Lou, I am just now re-igniting my love of off-road RC racing after a 26 year hiatus. I was a pretty hard-core 1/10th scale 2wd modified racer from 87-91 (RC10's) then a volcano changed my priorities and just never got back into it.

Over the last 2 months I have been diving back in and have discovered the 1/5th scale world. I'll be picking up an HPI Baja 5b SS (second hand) tomorrow and am trying to make all the possible connections I can to learn about these cool-as-hell mechanical beasts.

It has been a long while since I was last in AU, hope to return there sooner rather than later to see good friends and maybe even race some.

Looking forward to meeting and learning from many of you through this forum.