Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Ripped Off  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Roc0069Topic starter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 5
Ripped Off
« on: May 20, 2017, 12:12:59 AM »
Hi All.
Been a member for a little while. First time posting.
Firstly, thanks for all the ideas and advice while I built my 5B SS. Started as a stock build, but caught the bug. Kept adding upgrades up until 3 weeks ago  when I finally had it "finished" complete with a brand new Zenoh 32cc engine. Spent around $2000 on it. Why am I telling you this? Because some low life broke into my garage and stole the lot. This included a box full of upgrades yet to be installed  (along with a heap of other stuff. Total value around  $13K).
To say I'm devastated is the understatement of the decade. 2 1/2 years to build....stolen in one night.

Offline pbnz

• LSD Contributor
  • LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 32
Re: Ripped Off
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 06:20:58 AM »
Feel for you mate. I was ripped off by a member over here in WA, first name Chris, last name arsehole....nothing like some scumbag getting something for nothing.

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2944
  • Banned for Life Aye
    • The Worlds Best RC Site, Bar None
  • Location: Jack Lives Here, Jim Lives Here, So, I Live Here.......
  • Club: UHROC
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 11:25:06 AM »
Have you got photos of it? You may be able to claim it on your insurance, even though its not listed. I do feel for you though. Maybe keep an eye on the hock shops, let the hobby shops know in case it turns up there.
Sent from the LSD Naughty corner, using a flashlight and morse code

.... - - .--. ---... -..-. -..-. -... .. - .-.-.- .-.. -.-- -..-. .---- --... .-- ..-. -.. ..-. .-.

Offline rx2_freak

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 902
  • Phil
  • Club: EATME
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 03:26:17 PM »
what area in vic you live?

Offline Pappa Smurf

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1162
  • have fun with LS or you'll go mad
  • Club: LSCV
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 04:44:26 PM »
Seen this shit several times Qld Mark did that losi 5 t  turn up dontknow I think in most cases it was a mate bang head
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 04:46:27 PM by Pappa Smurf »
Grumpy old carnt
1 x Rovan 5b and loving it
2 x gas monos
1 HPI 5b
1 MCD
2 Losi 5iveT
Happy user of Micks Mods motors

5 assorted Aeros
Red Lion Rebel
Bunyip Basher
Leongatha Lout
2013 Nats with Sammy
LSCV No 10

Offline nz420

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2927
  • Mr Happy
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 05:06:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum mate *bananahi*

....and that sucks balls *angry* ......the toughest part will surely be trying to explain to some insurance rat that yes they were 'toy cars' and no I'm not trying to rip you off...I did indeed spend that incredibly large amount of money on them 1oops1
Hopefully you have lots of photos to help
Contempt without prior investigation will guarantee everlasting ignorance

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 05:38:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Welcome to the forum mate *bananahi*

....and that sucks balls *angry* ......the toughest part will surely be trying to explain to some insurance rat that yes they were 'toy cars' and no I'm not trying to rip you off...I did indeed spend that incredibly large amount of money on them 1oops1
Hopefully you have lots of photos to help
I'm still waiting for the insurance company to get back to me. I do have contents insurance. All of the receipts were in the box with the extra parts. You know, trying to keep them all together  (read as hiding them from the Mrs). I was lucky though. I played for nearly all of it on my PayPal account. Should have seen the Mrs's face when it took me two solid nights of printing out receipts!!!! 👹👹👹

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 05:41:31 PM »
what area in vic you live?
Northern Suburbs.
Been checking eBay, Gumtree and cash converters regularly .

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 05:43:41 PM »
Have you got photos of it? You may be able to claim it on your insurance, even though its not listed. I do feel for you though. Maybe keep an eye on the hock shops, let the hobby shops know in case it turns up there.
The only photos I have are after the stock build, but with heaps of extra stickers on the body and wing. Will post soon....

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Banned for Life Aye
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 08:03:25 PM »
What i meant was that the insurance company will accept a photo of it as proof of ownership (usually)

.... - - .--. ---... -..-. -..-. -... .. - .-.-.- .-.. -.-- -..-. .---- --... .-- ..-. -.. ..-. .-.

Offline nz420

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mr Happy
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 08:42:50 PM »
As the t shirt says 'my biggest fear when I die is that my wife will sell everything for what I told her I payed for it' *rofl*

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 09:35:28 PM »
What i meant was that the insurance company will accept a photo of it as proof of ownership (usually)
Gave them a heap of photos as well as the my bank statement showing the purchase date and place. Also sent them video of me in my backyard  (destroying the grass) as I was first running it in. They said that I could also photo copy manuals, but the a*holes stole that too. They did leave the lid of the box and that's got the serial number on it. I think I managed to download about 70 PayPal receipts for all the extra bits. The pricks would have probably been in the garage for around 1 hour max and ripped me off for almost  $15,000 worth of items (not just the Baja). Cops say I'm lucky they didn't take my bike.visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Banned for Life Aye
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »
Sounds like it was targeted. Probably kids unfortunately.

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2017, 09:39:53 PM »
As the t shirt says 'my biggest fear when I die is that my wife will sell everything for what I told her I payed for it' *rofl*
She sure as hell knows now how much was spent on "his noisy toy car."

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 09:55:42 PM »
Sounds like it was targeted. Probably kids unfortunately.
I was was running it at this huge open space walking distance from my place and rolled it back home once I ran out of fuel like I've done countless times before. Cleaned all  the grass off it and locked her back in the garage. Never crossed my mind that someone would be stalking me. That Sunday night it was pissing down rain. They must have rocked up with a Ute or van.
Gone was my chainsaw, mower, blower vac, compressor, wipper snipper, high pressure cleaner, half my air tools, 2 rolls of air hose, cordless drill, jig saw, pruner, most of my Snap On tools, 4 different socket sets...like I said earlier, almost $15k worth.
Sorry to go on, but it's the first chance I've had to vent.😠😠

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Banned for Life Aye
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 09:57:59 PM »
Thats more than kids. I'd be watching hock shops facebook selling pages and ebay for your stuff. If you have serial numbers put them in the police report. It only takes one serial number to catch these f!^*&%$. Trust me, ive had it happen before.

Offline mc5

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2176
  • "Donk"
  • Club: GRCOR
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 10:27:40 PM »
My rule of thumb is!
Never run your buggy/truck out the front of home and don't splash what you own all over Facebook.
Too many shitcunts everywhere!
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MC5 Uses, abusers and endorses.
"Drewpz droop bump stop screwz"

"Guru's pullstarter thumb screws"

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 11:49:39 PM »
Cops have serial numbers for some items. Baja and Zenoah engine included as well as some of the Snap On tools. Went through all old photos taken in the garage and pointed out stolen items in background mainly for insurance company. Cops would have to stumble across items. I don't expect them to looking specifically for my items. Those guys are stretched to the limit with real shit (honest comment).
I've uploaded some pics of when I first finished building it. When stolen it had the 32cc engine fitted.  As I didn't have the correct spacer for under the motor at the clutch end where the mounting bolt comes from underneath, I used a few washers. The top and bottom washers were larger in diameter than the middle ones. It had Turtle Racing Orange Alloy bulk head and alloy servo saver, standard air filter, Outerwares shocker covers, black starter & air filter dust cover, RPM front bumper & skid plate and spark plug cover, hi flo fuel lines, F5M Stealth black alloy rear shocker tower supports, turtle racing one piece brake and rear engine top mount (silver), orange alloy lower chassis skid plate mounted with nut and bolt(not factory recessed head screw), super bee kill switch (orange led on battery box), orange Killer RC suspension cables, Full Kill quick release throttle linkage, ICE RC 57T steel spur gear (blue), HPI heavy duty clutch bell cover, Predator RC orange alloy side body mounting posts, Team Fast Eddy HD exhaust pipe mount, Predator orange alloy adjustable rear wing mounts with the body clip slots filed bigger, orange alloy rear wing pins with felt spacers, rear upper suspension arm 12mm alloy turnbuckle spacers, dogbone rubber boots split, exhaust tip damaged due to few epic cart wheels and I had black plastic flyscreen set up as a front screen. Radio system was Spektrum DX4C. The non HPI stickers would also stand out.

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 12:10:02 AM »
Never posted any pics on social media, but did  let loose in the backyard a couple of times. The open space I use is where the old Kodak factory used to be in the northern subs of Melbourne. Huge space too hard to resist. Wasn't the first time I'd been there. Personally, I think my place was chosen at random and not targeted. Garage is separate from the house and its a corner block. Just think they hit the jackpot once they where in. They had to damage the lock, but once inside they had a good around. They carefully  put spray cans on the ground that were on one of my large toolboxes before locating my crow bar which they used to brake into my tool boxes and pry the lock which leads onto the street. The crow bar wasn't in plain sight. And before anyone says its someone I know, nobody comes into my garage and the only time I open the door onto the street is when I wheel my bike out. I close itas soon as the bike is out.     

Offline nz420

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mr Happy
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 03:28:54 AM »
Agree,usually if it's targeted it's someone you know.
Alot of the c(@&# that do this do it as a 'job'.....it's not personal to them so try not to take it personally thumbsup
One thing to be wary of tho is the 2nd hit after you've had the insurance payout so just make sure you beef up security....lots of sensor lights,cctv and a cpl of big fck off locks.

.....and vent all you want mate as holding stuff in causes stress,constipation and bottled up rage that can explode at any time 1chainsaw1
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 03:31:40 AM by nz420 »

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 04:17:04 AM »
Agree,usually if it's targeted it's someone you know.
Alot of the c(@&# that do this do it as a 'job'.....it's not personal to them so try not to take it personally thumbsup
One thing to be wary of tho is the 2nd hit after you've had the insurance payout so just make sure you beef up security....lots of sensor lights,cctv and a cpl of big fck off locks.

.....and vent all you want mate as holding stuff in causes stress,constipation and bottled up rage that can explode at any time 1chainsaw1
Already installed the cameras and sensor lights. The second (after the payout) hit has already crossed my mind. Funnily, never had any issues when my 45kg Doberman was alive....