Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  PhantomII 1/4 scale  (Read 2416 times)

Offline maxitTopic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1830
  • Run Hard and Fast
PhantomII 1/4 scale
« on: April 22, 2017, 08:40:04 PM »
Hello gents

It's time to build a 1/4 scale with a twist.... some custom parts will be added and with and will compliment a nice power plant, I leave that to last. The theme again is one of my faviorite colours as you will see. The frame is a pro1 on road made of chromoly steel. I picked this pirticular brand for its rear open space the mid rear where the engine sits. So there's no issue with sizes of engine.  I spent a good time stripping back paint.

I have used a 2 pack heat resistant paint that is used on break calippers. The company is BCS paints at Revesby. This paint sticks on anything even Rc bodies they had there.  I tried to bend it and fold it at points didn't seem to crack or split or peel. They have a vid of it getting painted so if your interested check YouTube.

Hopefully in the next few weeks more parts will arrive, and some modifications will be happening. I try and keep it interesting as much as possible. Cheers

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
p

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Extreme Speed Team, Worlds Fastest Hpi Baja 189 kph! BZM 50cc

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2490
Re: PhantomII 1/4 scale
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 08:57:59 PM »
nice frame

but what ya building 1/4 scale f1

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 10:01:48 PM »
Ambro

It's a 1/4 scale stock car full on road. But it's purpose is for something else.1beer!
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2490
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ambro

It's a 1/4 scale stock car full on road. But it's purpose is for something else.1beer!

going by your 1/5 scale builds should be a awesome looking machine when finished

Offline rx2_freak

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 902
  • Phil
  • Club: EATME
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 07:30:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ambro

stock car, as in nascar type shit? dontknow

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 04:07:05 PM »
It will be a stock car.. with a twist.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 05:50:45 PM »
Working on the engine mount templates, they will be  eventually made of carbon fiber and aluminium its big!!! more work to go.

Offline nz420

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2927
  • Mr Happy
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 06:37:09 PM »
Looks like you could sit a nice big gas turbine in there dontknow .....jet power !woohoo!
Contempt without prior investigation will guarantee everlasting ignorance