Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Grim's Neoplate  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Grim ReaperTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 3686
  • Mick
  • Club: Red Lion Rebels
Grim's Neoplate
« on: August 10, 2016, 10:08:45 AM »
Okay so I know this is an old mod but it's a gooden and I've been wanting to do this mod in my 5T for ages but other projects kept getting in the way. Couple months ago I picked up some 3mm plate from the local sheet metal joint. I finally got hold of a template last week thanks to Brad and got started on the plate the other day. Also got some handy tips from Tai and Brett so thanks gents.

Bit rough but it will do the job..............made a couple spacers as well

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Got the steering servo mounted and mocked up the plate to get the placement correct to drill a few holes and work out the positioning of the throttle servo

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Got both servos mounted, I need to get a better throttle servo but this will do for now............I've ordered the FG servo saver kit and got a double sided alloy horn coming for the steering servo

Everything seems to be lining up so I'm happy with the progress so far......now I need to wait patiently for the parts to arrive

Now to work out the battery box and the battery itself........think I might go the lipo route
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 10:09:50 AM by Grim Reaper »

Offline bennyd

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2038
  • Benny
    • Benny
  • Instagram: bennyd1980
Re: Grim's Neoplate
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 11:29:08 AM »
Looks good Mick thumbsup
Back playing with real cars

Quote from: GonzoRacer
All too often I say "I can build something nicer than that" and I'm looking at my own build log...

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15435
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 12:11:06 PM »
Looks great Mick.... wait till you try it!!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 08:12:03 PM »
Thanks guys, can't wait to test this out. I've made a bit more progress now after picking up my battery box which I'd had on order, my horn and servo saver arrived as well.

Mocked them up now to sort out the on off switch and paint the plate itself and drill a few holes for the saver......oh yeah and slots for the battery strap.........hopefully it all comes together how it's supposed to lol

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 06:05:56 PM »
just about finished, re positioned the battery strap and set up the alloy linkage rods etc.

also made a small plate for the on off switch.........plenty of options here but this will do for now, will affix with velcro, same as the battery

should be ready to test this weekend thumbsup

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 10:12:18 PM »
ok it's been a while since my last update but I've had some issues with the steering linkage setup and battery issues....had no steering under pressure.....but looks like I've finally managed to sort it all out and also got my new lipo which is a 6.6v life pack.......so it's all back together ready to go! just need to charge the lipo thumbsup

Gonna see how the lipo holds up being velcroed to the side rail..............if need be I'll get a longer strap and mount it above the radio box, similar to Matt's setup

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15435
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 01:50:53 PM »
Hows the LiFe setup going?

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 11:46:59 PM »
I wish I could tell you Steve but haven't tested it yet 1oops1 hopefully on my next day off