Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Cleaning engine internals via spark plug?  (Read 1077 times)

Offline oh180Topic starter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 8
Cleaning engine internals via spark plug?
« on: November 03, 2015, 11:52:06 AM »
Hi guys!

doing a major service on my 5b 23cc as the weather is finally clearing up in Sydney. Was going to do a full overhaul with the 23 and install a bolt on bore kit.

Just wondering if there are some kind of liquid or chemical to clean out the internal motor components via the spark plug hole? I haven't invested any big $$ in the motor so I don't really want to pull it apart just for a quick clean.

Ive been waiting for a year for my 23cc to blow up so I can have an excuse to go bigger.. These daym engines are bullet proof lol

Also I have pretty old mixed fuel and oil.. usable or throw the lot out n get a fresh batch of oil n fuel?

Thanks guys :)

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2482
Re: Cleaning engine internals via spark plug?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 12:06:20 PM »
throw old fuel out get fresh fuel.

just throw some fresh fuel thru plug hole turn upsidr down and give it a few pull's while upside down thats all ya need to do.

by the way if your in sydney you should check out ssme out at luddenham they have a baja track try ya hand at racing , 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:16:10 PM by in rod we trust »

Offline oh180Topic starter

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 12:36:59 PM »
I was considering giving SSME a go.. just sent them an email in regards to pricing and paying a small fee to test out the track before committing to a full year. I'm a noob at track, I just usually go to the park and bash lol

I'll also give fresh fuel a go. Thanks mate

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 01:03:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was considering giving SSME a go.. just sent them an email in regards to pricing and paying a small fee to test out the track before committing to a full year. I'm a noob at track, I just usually go to the park and bash lol

we are all noobs at the track when we start , but with the help of the other's there you soon get the hang of it

or not like me and still hit everything on the track after 5 odd yrs ..*rofl* thumbsup..

by memory there is no try before ya buy .. for insurance reason and ssme rules .. just go out there speak to the boys , have a look and see if you may like it..

Offline kirk

• LSD New
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 08:01:51 AM »

good luck with the email, I sent them one 9 days and no response and I went to there last open day I was there for 2 hours and no one would talk to me they where to busy talking about the Australian titles

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2861
  • Banned for Life
    • The Worlds Best RC Site, Bar None
  • Location: Jack Lives Here, Jim Lives Here, So, I Live Here.......
  • Club: UHROC
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 08:16:35 AM »
hi Kirk and oh180,

sorry to hear that you are having issues talking to the guys at ssme, they would have been a bit pre-occupied with the titles, but normally that wouldnt have stopped them talking to you, as generally they're a great bunch of guys. i would suggest talking to dean (xr8ute), he's the president of the large scale section, he will be able to get you the information that you need.
Sent from the LSD Naughty corner, using a flashlight and morse code

.... - - .--. ---... -..-. -..-. -... .. - .-.-.- .-.. -.-- -..-. .---- --... .-- ..-. -.. ..-. .-.

Offline Mr.Leopard

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 310
  • GGF
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 04:41:36 AM »

good luck with the email, I sent them one 9 days and no response and I went to there last open day I was there for 2 hours and no one would talk to me they where to busy talking about the Australian titles

Sorry mate but if your going to be standing around along the fence and seem like a person thats enjoying the view nobody will approach you to beg you to join the track as thats not how we work

And on the other hand if you did approach someone and they just ignored you then they need a kick in the butt

I am 99% sure that the play before you pay offer is still there

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk 2

Offline kirk

• LSD New
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 10:18:00 AM »
 I was standing at pit fence 50 cm from the members, and I did not ask to play before I pay

Offline mickyd213

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1280
  • Club: GRCOR
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 10:26:05 AM »
I was standing at pit fence 50 cm from the members, and I did not ask to play before I pay

I would have thought that if you've gone to the trouble of going to the club the least you would have done would be to introduce yourself. I'm sure that if you had done this the guys would have started talking to you. We are a fairly close knit bunch of guys who all have a passion for large scale rc and rc in general. I just hope that this one experience doesn't impact your decision to join. I'm sure you'll be happy if you do join.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

GRCOR member: 0009

Offline mickyd213

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1280
  • Club: GRCOR
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 10:29:19 AM »

Hell of a first post... I'd be letting everyone on here know a little bit about yourself and show some pics of your RC's...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

GRCOR member: 0009

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 10:30:34 AM »

Sorry mate but if your going to be standing around along the fence and seem like a person thats enjoying the view nobody will approach you to beg you to join the track as thats not how we work

And on the other hand if you did approach someone and they just ignored you then they need a kick in the butt

I am 99% sure that the play before you pay offer is still there

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk 2

i don't think you are right ...

as far as i have been aware from day one it was pay before play as per ssme rules..

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 10:34:33 AM »

you'll be right just a bit of miss understanding ...  you will enjoy the racing and social side of it as well..

hope you can make the november open day ..

if the boys missed ya its very strange they must have been still excited from the nats ... normaly there out on the side talking to anybody that ask's a question etc..

Offline xr8ute

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1231
  • Dean
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 12:12:52 PM »

Kirk,

There where a lot of people that came to the track last open day, 4 of them walked up and introduced themselves of their own accord.
2 together and the others individually, they have all completed and paid for their memberships.
We where talking a lot about the Nationals as we had just returned and had a fantastic time. if you could hear our conversation why didn't you say hello and introduce yourself.

I noticed a number of guys during the day that watched closely and didn't say much, there is point where you need to step forward also and say hello if your not approached first.

As for try before you buy, NO there isn't this option due to our insurance.

I hope you come back and say hello and I'm sure we will accommodate you next time.!

Cheers

Dean