Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Crazy Stu's Intake system for Losi 5iveT, Mini WRC & DBXL owners, coming soon  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Crazy_stuTopic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1622
Coming soon for Losi 5iveT, Losi Mini WRC and Losi DBXL owners.

Crazy Stu Engineering presents an air intake solution for the large scale basher and racer alike:

Crazy Stu’s Intake System!

The Intake System features strength and flexibility from the included silicone piping that's rated up to 260deg Celsius. So it can take a hit and still perform brilliantly, all the while maintaining its shape when heated and not collapsing like other rubber intake systems in the literal heat of battle!

The Intake design places the included high-performance DT1 filter forward of the motor and right in front of the windscreen to receive best airflow and performance, including positioning that was considered to reduce the chance of fuel dousing the filter from the fuel cap.  We all know that fuel and filter oil don’t mix, fuel can cause the filter oil to dissolve and let dust into your engine which can and will cause major engine wear.  This System also minimises the risk of debris from the front wheels from hitting the filter. You can be assured that your Intake System won't pose a restriction OR a danger to your engine!

Features:

• Rated at 260deg Celsius

• Comes as a complete bolt on kit

• Top quality components

• No air flow restrictions

• Forward and centre of facing design

• Available in 7 Different colours with matching outerwear

Kit contents:

Silicone intake tube
Velocity stack
Gasket
3 x hose clamps
DT1 triple flow filter
Outerwear
2 mounting bolts
Alloy joining tube

Complete kit retails at $130 AUD plus postage and insurance

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

After a Carb, stock or bearing modified or need a carb repaired send me a PM 

Stock 668  $50
Stock 990  $58

Modified 668  $75
Modified 990  $83

10% discount applies for any carb purchased on the 13th of every month.

Full details in the vendors market.

Offline marksl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full LSD Member
  • Liked: 4
Stu

Can we order now, when will they be available for shipping?

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
Im waiting on the second sample to be made cause ive slightly changed the angle of the tube so it will push the filter back a bit more toward the engine.  The first sample shown in the pics the filter is just resting on the front of the cage where the windscreen is. 

I think that the vibration will eventually wear a hole in the outerwear if i left it as it was.   

Realistically its about a month off being ready to post out but i will be taking pre orders as soon as the other sample arrives in about 2 weeks and as soon as im happy with the filter position. 

The other reason why im looking at pushing the filter back is that im later looking into making an adapter so people can run the HPI filters as well. 

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Stock 668  $50
Stock 990  $58

Modified 668  $75
Modified 990  $83

Offline jeb.

• Full LSD Member
  • Liked: 165
  • Petrol? Oh wait gasoline...
Sweet setup Stu. Any plans to ship to the US? I'm running an RR5 snorkel at the moment but would love this setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Troll04

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 28
    • Lee
Looks great Stu. Looks like a K&N pod filter should go on the end of it haha.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sweet setup Stu. Any plans to ship to the US? I'm running an RR5 snorkel at the moment but would love this setup.

Yeah mate I will post anywhere

Stock 668  $50
Stock 990  $58

Modified 668  $75
Modified 990  $83

Offline jeb.

• Full LSD Member
  • Liked: 165
  • Petrol? Oh wait gasoline...

Yeah mate I will post anywhere

Awesome. Can't wait.

Offline marksl

• Full LSD Member
  • Liked: 4
Have you got the second sample yet with the modified position ? I'm keen to get in my order asap

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
Thought i would post an update on these, they are ready to post if anyone wants one. 

Heres some pics of the colours

Stock 668  $50
Stock 990  $58

Modified 668  $75
Modified 990  $83

Offline brauliomorales

• LSD New
  • Liked: 0
i want one please let me know where to get one thank you