Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  T.R Snapper clutch  (Read 11881 times)

Offline JariV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 262
Re: T.R Snapper clutch
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2015, 08:37:07 PM »
Don't mean to piss you off in rod we trust but maybe the other guys might have a point. After all this thread is already several pages long.

Additionally, Turtle has made some good products in the past, no doubt about that. They have also made some bad ones, like the full aluminum HD pullstart. What a joke that was. The plastic ones with metal pawl were more durable than that piece of shit. There was even that update part that you needed to buy if you use the part on dusty conditions, that ball bearing center section. Turtle didn't like one bit that I said the update should have been free to all who had purchased the new pullstart and had the invoice for it.

I will see what is happening with this clutch but I am not going to buy it. I have a solution that has proven to be very durable and I don't need new clutches.

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2482
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2015, 08:46:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Don't mean to piss you off in rod we trust but maybe the other guys might have a point. After all this thread is already several pages long.

Additionally, Turtle has made some good products in the past, no doubt about that. They have also made some bad ones, like the full aluminum HD pullstart. What a joke that was. The plastic ones with metal pawl were more durable than that piece of shit. There was even that update part that you needed to buy if you use the part on dusty conditions, that ball bearing center section. Turtle didn't like one bit that I said the update should have been free to all who had purchased the new pullstart and had the invoice for it.

I will see what is happening with this clutch but I am not going to buy it. I have a solution that has proven to be very durable and I don't need new clutches.

hey champ hows life going moved to here yet..

they may be right in there views .. sure but i just wana see em try it first if it stuffs up then at least they tried it and can go back to tr with solid complaints..  .
my v2 pull start has never come of my engine from day one since the day it was released never cleaned it never upgraded the ball bearing and its never missed a beat..

what's this clutch of yours .. come on jari spill the beans ..
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:49:02 PM by in rod we trust »

Offline rx2_freak

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 901
  • Phil
  • Club: EATME
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2015, 08:49:56 PM »
So are these clutches good to use in 29s and shit dontknow cbf reading all these replies

Offline JariV

• Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 262
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2015, 09:13:11 PM »

hey champ hows life going moved to here yet..

they may be right in there views .. sure but i just wana see em try it first if it stuffs up then at least they tried it and can go back to tr with solid complaints..  .
my v2 pull start has never come of my engine from day one since the day it was released never cleaned it never upgraded the ball bearing and its never missed a beat..

what's this clutch of yours .. come on jari spill the beans ..

Tried my best to get a chance to move to OZ. Still do. I just wasn't successful enough. A job offer is all that would have been needed. Been trying ever since I came there and left after one month of visit. I got a great offer in another country but things are not all clear yet so therefore I don't want to disclose anything about that now. Later when things are ok legally, yes.

About the TR starter, I had nothing but trouble with it. I ended up gutting it completely and building the internals in a completely different way. The starter could not handle high compression engine at all. And it kept binding all the time.

My clutch is very simple. It is this one. The only deviation from this is a DDM red spring. The FS spring has the tendency to snap after some use. Had this clutch for two years in use. Never had any problems. Not with the shoes nor with the bell which is a Turtle bell.

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1830
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2015, 10:02:08 PM »
Jariv

I have been using the same clutch on the rc50 for at least year or so. And have to say its been great. And yes springs are cheaper to by than a clutch shoes. But you always need to test the water.and see what other options are out there.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:41:18 PM by maxit »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Extreme Speed Team, Worlds Fastest Hpi Baja 189 kph! BZM 50cc

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2015, 10:05:45 PM »
well all i have heard of is its not right from you blokes ...without any of you blokes testing it..

so i'll get mine for the twin and the losi  and see how they go...

At least u have some idea now what to do or look for. Keep us posted on the twins or losi.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2015, 10:17:15 PM »
So are these clutches good to use in 29s and shit dontknow cbf reading all these replies

To be frank I would wait until some more testing is done. Not just with the big bores. I'm hoping to have a clutch bell within  two weeks. Unless there's a change.

Offline NitroManiac

• LSD Contributor
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 743
  • Full time Maniac
« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2015, 01:18:09 AM »
So is the Blackbone Basket for the baja not the same as the RCMAX basket?
I always thought the RCMAX was using some sort of stock clutch bell holder
He who sows capacity will reap torque - where seeds are missing thy must grow revs

Offline sdiz86

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2015, 04:31:10 AM »
Seems to be working fine on the 46 so far, he didn't mention what he had to do, to make it fit.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 04:35:50 AM by sdiz86 »

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 112
« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2015, 05:23:41 AM »
That's hardly a proper test..it's almost laughable *rofl*

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2015, 05:56:13 AM »
Max

The blackbone basket is the same. I don't know whom has been feeding Dave the information probably the same bloke as the tester. Blackbone made originally two types one to fit a standard clutch carrier with the smaller bearing he also used to supply as sleeve if you wanted to upgrade to the larger bearing. That would be the only thing I can think off. But blackbone stopped that and started to make on order if you wanted the smaller or larger shaft on the clutch bell. There is no difference between the Rcmax & the hpi version. Trust me. Dave is clueless.

As for the video above this guy is the most stupid guy I have seen on face book. He tells people that he had no problems fitting the clutch fitted perfect. Them gives a list of things he had to do to get it to fit. Again he is a fanboy of anyone whom has no idea. If you call that testing . I know of 5 guys that are pissed off that it doesn't work. Even one guy that Dave keeps mentioning how good it worked for him. Its a laughable situation at the moment because the manufacturer keeps threatening to stop supporting the Rcmax crowed. So they all have kept quite.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:02:46 AM by maxit »

Offline sdiz86

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2015, 06:26:19 AM »
Max

The blackbone basket is the same. I don't know whom has been feeding Dave the information probably the same bloke as the tester. Blackbone made originally two types one to fit a standard clutch carrier with the smaller bearing he also used to supply as sleeve if you wanted to upgrade to the larger bearing. That would be the only thing I can think off. But blackbone stopped that and started to make on order if you wanted the smaller or larger shaft on the clutch bell. There is no difference between the Rcmax & the hpi version. Trust me. Dave is clueless.

As for the video above this guy is the most stupid guy I have seen on face book. He tells people that he had no problems fitting the clutch fitted perfect. Them gives a list of things he had to do to get it to fit. Again he is a fanboy of anyone whom has no idea. If you call that testing . I know of 5 guys that are pissed off that it doesn't work. Even one guy that Dave keeps mentioning how good it worked for him. Its a laughable situation at the moment because the manufacturer keeps threatening to stop supporting the Rcmax crowed. So they all have kept quite.

Sorry people, i don`t know anything about him, what he has done or said. Just found this on youtube and thought it might be helpful, since it looked like he got the SC working on the 46. Thought he might have a solution for the clutch fitting, but looks like according to some of you that he doesn`t.

Offline nitrocat

• Full LSD Member
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2015, 07:37:22 AM »
Sorry to say this but someone needs to some on here want to make themselves look like a expert and continue to pick shit with the chickens
I have no part in this I know I don't have a snapper or do I want one
I don't have a big motor or do I want one
But I do love RC and making things go fast
The clutch seems to work as it should in the above videos and it seems just one person or two is having a problem with it
And stirring up every one so did anyone ever think that there the ones wrong
Just a RC lover looking in and reading
Using Tapatalk

Offline NitroManiac

• LSD Contributor
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 743
  • Full time Maniac
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2015, 08:54:24 AM »
Can someone just help me, i might have missed the forest because of all the trees.
What is the problem with the Snapper and the RCMAX?
He who sows capacity will reap torque - where seeds are missing thy must grow revs

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2015, 09:30:50 AM »
Sorry to say this but someone needs to some on here want to make themselves look like a expert and continue to pick shit with the chickens
The clutch seems to work as it should in the above videos and it seems just one person or two is having a problem with it

Mate firstly it great that your a rc lover and i think where all in the same boat. But you are dead wrong on how many Rcmax crowed are having problems. and are frustrated with the $140.00 USD. they paid. The reason for this review is its not a review that Fanboys make its a review that buyers as my self and other whom will pay over $200 for this clutch. Picking chicken shit is better than the scrambled eggs burnt. If you don't agree that's fine until you get one which most likely you wont. I have said on here i haven't tested it yet and i most definitely will. If then it works well no problems i will post that. But if it doesn't i have saved people allot of money. I have never said that TR dosent do some good products'but we can make mistake and turn them into version two's.  Max as for the forest it has become a Rain forest. There has been plenty of vids floating around and have been removed for reasons as these guys just wont to get a working clutch.

Offline nitrocat

• Full LSD Member
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2015, 09:35:04 AM »
They say it won't stay tight on crank shaft
But clearly from above video it does and works well
Using Tapatalk

Offline nitrocat

• Full LSD Member
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2015, 09:48:20 AM »

Mate firstly it great that your a rc lover and i think where all in the same boat. But you are dead wrong on how many Rcmax crowed are having problems. and are frustrated with the $140.00 USD. they paid. The reason for this review is its not a review that Fanboys make its a review that buyers as my self and other whom will pay over $200 for this clutch. Picking chicken shit is better than the scrambled eggs burnt. If you don't agree that's fine until you get one which most likely you wont. I have said on here i haven't tested it yet and i most definitely will. If then it works well no problems i will post that. But if it doesn't i have saved people allot of money. I have never said that TR dosent do some good products'but we can make mistake and turn them into version two's.  Max as for the forest it has become a Rain forest. There has been plenty of vids floating around and have been removed for reasons as these guys just wont to get a working clutch.

So you're saying that there's videos of it not working
I look at all the forums and Iv only seen one that it got hot on and they went to the max rpm right out of the box and over geared to
By that theory we should be wast deep in Bigfoots to
there is one or two videos of them
Just saying
And every year the TV shows Santa Claus flying on radar
And I do go to bed early because of that one
So let's build something or race some where  and have fun
Using Tapatalk

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2015, 09:59:44 AM »

Mate firstly it great that your a rc lover and i think where all in the same boat. But you are dead wrong on how many Rcmax crowed are having problems. and are frustrated with the $140.00 USD. they paid. The reason for this review is its not a review that Fanboys make its a review that buyers as my self and other whom will pay over $200 for this clutch. Picking chicken shit is better than the scrambled eggs burnt. If you don't agree that's fine until you get one which most likely you wont. I have said on here i haven't tested it yet and i most definitely will. If then it works well no problems i will post that. But if it doesn't i have saved people allot of money. I have never said that TR dosent do some good products'but we can make mistake and turn them into version two's.  Max as for the forest it has become a Rain forest. There has been plenty of vids floating around and have been removed for reasons as these guys just wont to get a working clutch.

So you're saying that there's videos of it not working
I look at all the forums and Iv only seen one that it got hot on and they went to the max rpm right out of the box and over geared to
By that theory we should be wast deep in Bigfoots to
there is one or two videos of them
Just saying
And every year the TV shows Santa Claus flying on radar
And I do go to bed early because of that one
So let's build something or race some where  and have fun

the vids have been removed and the guys that own a 46 at this moment with a TR Snapper are still having problems. and thats all of them 7 to be correct. Yes Santa  does come but not for them! Until you purchase one and run it hard then you wont know. But hey you are entitled to your opinion but then again so am I.

Offline nitrocat

• Full LSD Member
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2015, 10:39:09 AM »
And now that I've said my opinion
I can drop it and move to other stuff
Feels good to move on
Try it you might like it
Using Tapatalk

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2015, 10:42:47 AM »
Feels good to move on
Try it you might like it

yep when i finish my review.

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2015, 05:42:15 PM »
Feels good to move on
Try it you might like it

Well my opinion seems to be quite accurate even this 46 has failed slipping & burning up. Looks like the snapper isn't able to handle the power, that  the 46 are unleashing.

Offline bajaforthewin

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2015, 07:59:55 PM »

Feels good to move on
Try it you might like it

Well my opinion seems to be quite accurate even this 46 has failed slipping & burning up. Looks like the snapper isn't able to handle the power, that  the 46 are unleashing.

Have you got your basket yet? Have you tried recutting the tapper to the correct profile, going off the pics you posted, like you say it's only a matter of time before they fail on the small blocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2015, 09:18:19 PM »
Should be here soon.. I was waiting for the blackbone hpi version., but I think it's going to be the same as the Rcmax version.

Offline nitrocat

• Full LSD Member
T.R Snapper clutch
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2015, 10:27:32 PM »

Feels good to move on
Try it you might like it

Have you got your basket yet? Have you tried recutting the tapper to the correct profile, going off the pics you posted, like you say it's only a matter of time before they fail on the small blocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From all the trouble your having are you sure that when you opened the Snapper package the first time
Are you sure it did not try and bite you to
After all it is a Snapper
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:35:20 PM by nitrocat »
Using Tapatalk

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2015, 02:36:30 AM »
No it didn't bit me except my pocket at the moment.. And it seemed to have bitten a few others pocket at the moment. But like I said you ate probably the smart one that's not going to buy one. So you should be ok.