Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Favourite 1:1 Bikes  (Read 66367 times)

Offline Ozzy MozzyTopic starter

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15187
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
Re: Favourite 1:1 Bikes
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 09:41:17 PM »
I love the look of the choppers but i could never ride one......i have seen them try..lol.....usually see some nice choppers at car shows and the owners will tell you there a b**** to ride....

Love the look of the matt black Harleys.... headbang
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 6737
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 10:24:23 PM »
I love the look of the choppers but i could never ride one......i have seen them try..lol.....usually see some nice choppers at car shows and the owners will tell you there a b**** to ride....

Love the look of the matt black Harleys.... headbang

I dont mind some of them,and they are a b**** to ride, they pretty hard to turn unless you are nearly stopped,great for bar hopping,lol.

give me a lowered harley any day..much more practical..

Thats nice and very useable  headbang not as keen on the show ponies that really cant be ridden past the first corner.

Couldnt agree more mate...I hate the f*&*^*% jellybean choppers...

f*&*^*% Nike bikie poofs......

This is the style I like..
Tough as f*** from Russel Mitchell and Exile choppers..

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I seen that exile build on telly,the 1st bike,he has built some sweet machines,and i love the lack of bling and how simple they look but really cutting edge technology in them..

nike bikie poofs *rofl* love it clap1
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:27:19 PM by neobaja »

The wisest men follow their own direction.
May all your encounters with the law begin with the words, NICE HARLEY!

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2228
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 11:02:29 AM »
Yeah. I like the Boppers more as well headbang.

I rode an Iron Horse chopper (Think that was the name) Had a huge back tire on it and as said wouldn't turn for shit. Looked awesome but not practical at all. I also saw a bloke on a chopper on his way to the Coffin Cheetah X-mas bash try and make a right hand turn at a set of traffic lights, He had to make a 3 point turn to get it through ^screwy*.

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 11:36:31 AM »
I'll take one of these........

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »
Thats nice but i dont like the new pipes and i'd rather the 103cube model 1690cc stump puller

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 11:48:34 AM »
Been thinking about getting a Harley, just not sure which one I like, there all so cool. I'm not up with all the models and specs either but honestly I think I would happy with any....lol

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 11:52:58 AM »
I like this one....

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »
I'll take one of these........

A mate just bought a new one of these, got all the gear as well. Spent over $32,000.00 at Peter Stevens. I talked him into it. He earns too much money and his accountant tells him he has to spend some every year, he sucks at spending so he calls me to help him deal with the guilt. He has full scuba gear and a zodiac, pinball machine and stand up video game console, Turbine Jets and gasser planes, Heaps of helis , 4 bikes, trailers, Polaris Razor and heaps more other crap in his shed he never uses. He called the other day to let me know he has another $10,000.00 to blow. I've been checking out Jet Skis but he might have to add a few grand  *rofl* .

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2012, 11:57:19 AM »
Been thinking about getting a Harley, just not sure which one I like, there all so cool. I'm not up with all the models and specs either but honestly I think I would happy with any....lol

I'm really fussy, I'm not up with all the latest models etc either but I know what i like and what I don't. I like the old school look, Street bob etc or even the old WW11 bikes with the suicide shifter. I'd love to restore one of those headbang.

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »
Thats nice but i dont like the new pipes and i'd rather the 103cube model 1690cc stump puller

Either do I and then my mate put even worse pipes on his Fat Bob bang head . I was already having major trouble with the twin head lights *pukes*

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 12:04:05 PM »
If I had the money Craig I would have a couple of old Harley's and a WW11 Harley.......

I like the street bob and fat bob, I like the soft tails as well.....to many to choose from!!

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2012, 12:08:54 PM »
If I had the money Craig I would have a couple of old Harley's and a WW11 Harley.......

I like the street bob and fat bob, I like the soft tails as well.....to many to choose from!!

I should own a Street Bob by the end of the week or at the very least I'll have the free use of it !woohoo!. Another mate with too much money *rofl*.

Here's a free tip. Neither of them had spare money when they were married bananad.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:10:32 PM by Craig#991 »

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 12:10:04 PM »

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 12:14:43 PM »

Haha thats an evo softail replica of the old 750 42 walla

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
Damn Brett, you know your bikes.......I'll believe what ever you say....lol

I like this one...

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2012, 12:19:54 PM »
Damn Brett, you know your bikes.......I'll believe what ever you say....lol

I like this one...

i stuffed up it's a twin cam 1oops1 i do know harleys though,they are pretty simple,my favorite and i think the best looking engine ever is the old knucklehead 1936/1947
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:22:02 PM by neobaja »

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2012, 12:25:12 PM »
Check this baby out

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2012, 12:29:02 PM »
Just about to ask you for a pic, yes very nice looking Harley

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2012, 12:31:30 PM »
I like this one and really like the handle bars...do you know what they call them...

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2012, 12:32:16 PM »

Those bike are how it all started. In WW11 Harley were made to make motorcycles for the war effort, The bikes basically replaced the light horse brigade. after the war some of them took them home, they customized them and cut the rear fenders etc, hence the name "Boppers". They all rode together on weekends etc and that's when motorcycle gangs were born. They were all misfits as are most returned veterans but they glorified WW11. The returned veterans were just as farked up as the ones from Vietnam, if not more as the fighting was closer, more hand to hand combat etc. Also they didn't understand PTSDO and Depression at the time.

Whilst they were in Europe they also discovered pot. Mostly through French women AFAIK. So when they were hanging together on their bikes on weekends, smoking pot, drinking, fighting etc they were frowned upon by the general public and became public enemy no.1. Before WW11 Pot wasn't popular in the States, the same time the war ended the US government started a scare campaign against hemp as Dupont in the US had come up with synthetic plastic. they used the Bikers to help their scare campaign against it. The year before they outlawed pot in the USA they only confiscated 1/2 a pound of "smokeable" Pot in the whole of the USA. The law was actually made to get rid of Hemp, not so much pot. Hemp is the strongest natural fibre known to man and at the end of the day there was no need to replace it. All the ships in WW11 were tied to the docks with hemp rope, the uniforms, back packs etc were all hemp, tents and so on. While WW11 was still happening there were US B-52 Bombers doing pentathlete drops over far north QLD begging our Sugar farmers to "Grow Hemp to help support your countries war effort".
There was a total of 200,000.00 acres of Hemp in the ground in the US the year they outlawed help. What they did is put a huge tax on it, they'd eradicated a prior problem by over taxing it before this. the hemp farmers all harvested their crops and put the tax $$ away, when they went to pay it there was actually nowhere to do so as in a place to pay the tax did not exist so the US government arrested and locked up every hemp farmer in the US and put them all in jail for tax evasion. Job done, no one to grow hemp left and now you have synthetic plastic which has done wonders for our environment bang head. Pot never was or has been a big deal, the world was just suckered by another US scare campaign and WW11 Vets just got dragged into it, they were never as bad as they were made out to be, Hollywood helped in that department.

Whogivesafuck I'm bored thefinger

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2012, 12:36:15 PM »
Hey ozzy go check out the latest model Harley's  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

some of the options are cool,build your own bike,they always say no 2 harleys are the same.i like the softail standard and the wideglide headbang download the cattledog for all the options...they are endless

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2012, 12:39:33 PM »
And because H-D built that particular 42 WLA acka the walla for the war,there is shitloads of new old stock still around,they are not rare at all believe it or not.

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2012, 12:44:04 PM »
Hey ozzy go check out the latest model Harley's  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

some of the options are cool,build your own bike,they always say no 2 harleys are the same.i like the softail standard and the wideglide headbang download the cattledog for all the options...they are endless

WOW that's cool.....thanks Brett, I think that's one of the most appealing things about the Harley is that no 2 are alike. The only problem for me is working what model they are, but I'm getting better at it the more I look.

Offline seano

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1263
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2012, 12:45:48 PM »
Seen this bike at Peter Stevens Melb a few years ago

Would you pay $63,000 for it? I know I wouldnt.

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2012, 12:48:20 PM »
I like this one and really like the handle bars...do you know what they call them...

pullback back bars OZZY..normally just the risers but you can get bars and risers as one piece