Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  is 98 fuel ok?  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2848
  • Banned for Life
    • The Worlds Best RC Site, Bar None
  • Location: Jack Lives Here, Jim Lives Here, So, I Live Here.......
  • Club: UHROC
Re: is 98 fuel ok?
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 09:25:39 AM »
if you are needing to remove the killswitch, you need to remove the cabling from the coil pack as well, as it will prevent the engine from firing if the kill switch is removed.
Sent from the LSD Naughty corner, using a flashlight and morse code

.... - - .--. ---... -..-. -..-. -... .. - .-.-.- .-.. -.-- -..-. .---- --... .-- ..-. -.. ..-. .-.

Offline Pierced SoulTopic starter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 10:46:23 AM »
i thought about that afterwards ^screwy*

but given i reconnected it and get sparks (and i zapped myself), i'm assuming the killswitch isnt the issue?

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15187
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 11:39:15 AM »
So you're getting spark, fuel and air...... what's the compression like?
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1826
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 12:54:44 PM »
im going to ask have you recently removed the carburetor is your pulse port lining up with your insulator manifold & gaskets?
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Extreme Speed Team, Worlds Fastest Hpi Baja 189 kph! BZM 50cc

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 01:02:36 PM »

well i have nothing really to test it against - plus i'm new to all these terms. do you mean when i pull the starter and the air pushes out the exhaust? if so then i can feel it when i pull the starter. and when i put too much oil straight into where the spark plug was it shot out the exhaust everywhere.

im going to ask have you recently removed the carburetor is your pulse port lining up with your insulator manifold & gaskets?

prior to cleaning both carbs out after it didnt start, i hadnt removed the carbs. i just googled pulse port and found this visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

never even knew that was there! i can add it to the list of things to check.

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 01:27:31 PM »
Mmmm ok you should be able to feel the comp from how hard or easy it is to turn over by the pull start but as you say, you have nothing to compare it too..... I guess, is it any different from what it was? Is it easier to turn over?

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 01:41:43 PM »
it doesnt feel any worse than when it worked. i have had situations when you cant pull the thing,and also times when somethings slipped and it was way loose andthere was little tension. currently i'm using stainless steel starters from killer rc cos my experience with nylon ones is they eventually break. so i guess to me it feels like it should.

the other thing, i dunno how to describe it properly, but it feels like it wants to start when i pull the starter. a few weeks ago before i cleaned the carb i would pull it, feel compression but i could kind of feel it wasnt going to start. since cleaning the carb it feels like it wants to start but doesnt quite kick over.

also whilst i remember, a few times after pulling the starter and then removing the spark plug there'd be a little bit of smoke coming out from where the spark plug was. that was BEFORE i cleaned the carb though so i dont know if thats normal or means anything

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 01:52:39 PM »
I wonder if the keyway in the fly wheel has broken and put the timing out..... Had that happen to me once, sounded like it wanted to start but wouldn’t......

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1826
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 08:14:04 PM »

well i have nothing really to test it against - plus i'm new to all these terms. do you mean when i pull the starter and the air pushes out the exhaust? if so then i can feel it when i pull the starter. and when i put too much oil straight into where the spark plug was it shot out the exhaust everywhere.

prior to cleaning both carbs out after it didnt start, i hadnt removed the carbs. i just googled pulse port and found this visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

never even knew that was there! i can add it to the list of things to check.

Ok

The standard pulse port is what I'm talking about... That hole should line up with the intake manifold.. But some times depending on carburettors and manifolds there maybe a chanel that travels to one side to meet up with the carburetor pulse port. If they don't line up it won't allow the pulsating that is generated by the crank stroke. It could stop it from starting or even run bad. It's very hard to really give you advise by typing a away here some times hands on helps solve problems and someone else's vew on it. Every thing mentioned to you& posted  here should of gotten the result for you. I would have a look at taking your head off and checking the cylinder for damages inside.

Extreme Speed Team, Worlds Fastest Hpi Baja 189 kph! BZM 50cc

Offline corty351w

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1931
  • Shane
  • Club: GRCOR
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 08:30:34 PM »
Is the carb a walbro or a clone?, the clone carbs are known to be probmatic. Could also have a look though the exhaust port to check for any internal damage.

GRCOR Member #0001