Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Savage600's Multirotor Journey ( formely - Heli Journey ).  (Read 4427 times)

Offline savage600Topic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1389
  • Sometime's Darkness, will show you the light.
  • Club: 1 Wood
Re: Savage600's Heli Journey
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2015, 03:58:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Plenty of spare now to beat on the Rex headbang

That's right Steve, there sure is mate. thumbsup

Cheers Dave.
Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Motor work by Mick Mods ( a.k.a. Pagey04)
Heli's also in the mix.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2015, 04:13:05 PM »
I had purchased a crashed Trex 450 dfc pro from another forum and it arrived on Wednesday,  not a bad deal gor $150 posted.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Cheers Dave.

Hi guys, as per the pics, the package came with the following.....

- 4 3s 2200 mah lipos' which two have a slight puff, but all charge and balance properly.

- 3 canopies, 1 is a genuine align and the other two are turnigy ones.

- the setup tools for setting up a 450 sized heli - digital pitch guage, swash levellor, ball link pliers, 4 in 1 allen key set,small phillips head screwdriver and some lictite.

- Two complete DFC heads, 1 complete tail box section, all carbon parts were in one piece, 2 x slant main gears and 1 auto rotation gear, tail blades, ball links, rods etc , spindles, main shaft and other frame parts and sections.

- An align 3GX fbl unit.

- 2 x digital coreless tails servos, 1 set of working cyclic servos and 1 set of cyclic servos with stripped gears.

- 1 motor and speed controller

and whatever else I haven't mention.

The postage cost just over $30, so not a bad pick up me thinks thumbsup

Cheers Dave.
Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2015, 08:03:28 PM »
O.K. guys, not much flying being done of late, but there is some progress.

A few weeks ago I bought a sk450 quad of off a guy on facebook.

He took a while to get it to respond to me and get it to me etc so he threw in a turnigy charger aswell

So what I got with the deal was the sk450 quad, 2 X 2200 3s lipo's and the turnigy battery charger.

The quad is running the KK2.5.1 Flight Control board, of which I have upgraded the firmware to a latest version.

I flew it today for the first time properly up and down the street and only once lost orientation, so I landed it in a neighbours front yard *rofl*

I reckon I will get some led's on it for orientation.

Today was the first time I have flown properly in years, literally.

Here is a pick of the quad and a celebratory drink afterwards.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I will need to do some more flights to fine tune the FC some more and as it was a first proper flight, I have only just attached the rx and sat temporarily. I will need to extend the male to male servo leeds to position it properly.

Cheers Dave.
Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2015, 08:13:16 PM »
Hi guys, I have had another heli purchase.

On Sunday I think it was, I scored a tri-copter of off a local facebook group and went and picked it up and lastnight I got an orange 6 channel rx and sat also. I will use this rx and sat for the tri-copter.

Even thought the tri came rtf minus an rx, I will be swapping out the flight control board and will use one that is the same type as my quad, for ease of use and programming etc.

I am hopeing the fcb's arrive this week and the tri will be set up on Frdiay night and for a size comparison I have included a pic of the tri next to the quad.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here's to some good times head headbang

Cheers Dave.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:21:49 PM by savage600 »
Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

Online Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15266
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2015, 08:15:46 PM »
&worthless&

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2015, 08:57:01 PM »
&worthless&

You'll find em  there now mate. I tried to upload them without phoptobucket.

Cheers Dave.
Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

Online Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2015, 08:59:56 PM »
Awesome, you will love the Tri mate..... Noticed the wires run on the inside of the booms, been thinking about doing that to mine.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2015, 09:18:52 PM »
Awesome, you will love the Tri mate..... Noticed the wires run on the inside of the booms, been thinking about doing that to mine.

Yeah they do mate and it makes for a pretty clean install.

It turns out that the tri does have a pdb and it is underneath the top plate.

Hopefully the fcb's turn up as mentioned before and it will be beer and building this Friday night.

I should have these little babies turn up by then aswell You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I need them for orientation on the quad and thought the tri could get some aswell.

Did you have one of those firmware upgrade tools for your tri Steve? The guy included an extra for me, WooHoo.

Cheers Dave.

Cheers Dave.
Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

Online Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2015, 09:21:14 PM »
So there will be a flight report by the end of the weekend..... maybe even a vid???

No mate i don't, never even gave it a thought!

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2015, 09:29:41 PM »
So there will be a flight report by the end of the weekend..... maybe even a vid???

Gee mate, you don't ask for much. I am lucky to get pics, let alone vid.

I am hoping the settings for the tri, will be similar to the settings for the quad, number wise. I guess i will just work through it and see how I go. I only watched vids to get the numbers for the quad.

You are lucky your a nice bloke Steve, I already have one and this will be a spare, you can have one mate thumbsup If you can shoot me your address again and it'll be on it's way to you.

Cheers Dave.

Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

Online Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »

I am hoping the settings for the tri, will be similar to the settings for the quad, number wise. I guess i will just work through it and see how I go. I only watched vids to get the numbers for the quad.

You are lucky your a nice bloke Steve, I already have one and this will be a spare, you can have one mate thumbsup If you can shoot me your address again and it'll be on it's way to you.

Cheers Dave.

*rofl* i know i ask a lot hey...... now dont forget that vid...... *rofl*

I think the Tri will be different number wise! I'll take pics of each screen on mine to give you a base to get you in the air.

Pm on its way thumbsup

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2015, 10:38:17 PM »

Cheers Dave.

*rofl* i know i ask a lot hey...... now dont forget that vid...... *rofl*

I think the Tri will be different number wise! I'll take pics of each screen on mine to give you a base to get you in the air.

Pm on its way thumbsup

A basic starting point would be good. I didn't think the numbers would be the same from the quad to the try, but since you have a tri, maybe they would be similar for what I need to start from.

Cheers Dave.
Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2015, 10:08:54 AM »
Hi guys, well I had ordered some led's from Buzz Hobbies for the quad and tri copter. One of the main reasons for getting them is to help with orientation and when weather improves, for flying at night.

I was going to be setting up the tri copter lastnight with a different board than what is on it, but they didn't arrive yesterday, so that will be on the cards for next weekend.

So following is a few pics of what was done lastnight. The led's on both birds will connect straight to a PCB ( power control board ) via a jst connector, as they have been set up like that. The quad doesn't have the pcb yet and the tri hasn't been set up with it's new FCB ( flight control board ) so a temporary connection via a 3s flight pack for testing.

The led's are only on the low voltage setting atm and that is for 3-4s, but they are able to run at a higher voltage of 5-6s, by soldering the positive power wire to a different tab.

I took pics at night, but they are quite bright and played with the camera a bit and probably look a bit brighter than they are.

Here are a few pics of them from lastnight and some from this morning. I have mounted them on the birdswith some bouble sided tape and some small angled aluminium.

Cheers Dave.

Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2015, 07:20:46 PM »
Hi guys, I have had this little bird in the pipeline for a while now and it turned up today.

Following will  be pics of the 250 sized fpv racing quad and the fpv gear.

I bought the quad and this is what she is.

Lumenier QAV250 carbon edition
Genuine Lumenier CC3D
Fatshark 600tvl fpv camera
Immersion RC 600mW video tx
High gain antenna
FrSky receiver suits Futaba FASST
Lost model alarm
DYS 1806-2300kv motors
5 x 3 props
Also includes:
6 sets of spare props new in bags
4 batteries in good condition with less than 20 flights each
Carry case.

Hope you enjoy guys.

Dave.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:24:18 PM by savage600 »
Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

Online Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2015, 07:44:52 PM »
I bet your looking forward to flying FPV headbang*heli*

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2015, 09:14:12 PM »
O.K. guys, now not much has happened on the flying front for a while but I went for a fly lastnight and a vid is in the following thread

The only real issue I found was the led's which are on the quad are great when it is higher, but nearly not existant when at or below eye level. I still have some led's left over from the tri and other quad, so I might have to change them so I can see them better for orientational purposes.

Cheers Dave.
Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2015, 10:04:24 PM »
Well, they breed like rabbits.

I saw this on a facebook group a week or two ago and couldn't help myself, as I love to have spares and the main idea behind getting this one was to use the video and fpv gear and have the airframe etc as spares.

I was going to use this QAV 250 as spares and have the video and FPV stuff mounted on my crawler and do some FPV driving, but upon further inspection, this quad is specked better than the one I have. I will use this one as my main flying 250 and have the other one for spares etc.

The deal wasn't supposed to come with the Spektrum Ar 6210, ut it was advertised with it, so the guy let it go with the deal ( he is a *gc* .

The quad came with the following.

Qav250 carbon fibre frame
2204 2300kv t motor
Ztw 12a opto
Sony had board cam
Spektrum ar620 rx with satellite rx
Naze32
Fatshark 600mw tx
Spare frame, mobius plate and pdb

So , without further delay, here is a few pics.

I must say, the guy was very helpfull and has even offered to help me set it up, and go with me for a first FPV flight etc.

Cheers Dave.
Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

Online Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2015, 10:27:48 PM »
Very nice Dave headbang Think you might have to rename this thread to Savage600's Quad Journey

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2015, 07:37:24 PM »
Now for some of you guys who may not know the size of the 250 quad, but you know the size of a 1/5th scale car, here is a pic of the 250's with my MCD.

Cheers Dave.

Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2015, 08:32:23 PM »
Hey guys, here is an updated pic of the hangar.

I have the 2 Qav 250's 1 for LOS flying and the one with the aerial is setup for FPV flying, 1 x trex 450 pro dfc, 1 x trex 450 rpo fbl, 1 x brushless mcpx, turnigy sk450 quad and the turnigy talon tri-copter.

Cheers Dave.
Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

Online Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2015, 10:01:00 PM »
Dave you really need to change the title to Quad Journey

Offline millzee

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 4205
  • Danny
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2015, 04:29:56 PM »
Here's one for you to try
"Go Hard for Fun"
Trucks, Cars, Boats, choppers and crashed planes.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2015, 06:52:18 PM »
Here's one for you to try

Probably out of my budget mate, plus I don't think I'm getting into crop dusting *rofl*

Cheers Dave.
Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2015, 09:11:07 PM »
It had to happen LOl.

Well after only a few small flights, I went out this arvo after tea for a decent fly.

I took a before photo, as I was gunna have a crack and didn't know how they'd look at the end of the session.

Before pic

Now I had only flown the tri in stability mode. While flying in stability mode, it was awkward to bank the tri properly, so I landed it and put it in acro mode ( non stablility mode ). It felt a lot better to fly and banking was heaps better.

I did a few circuits and turning away from myself while banking at the ends of the circuit, but I wanted to push things and went to turn into myself, but it felt uncomfortable, I didn't give myself enough height, I lost the heli a bit in the tree background and managed an inverted landing and thought that two of the props weren't needed anymore *rofl*

I don't wanna play it safe and I want to push myself and get further than I did before.

It only broke two prop and I have spares at home, a few dollars worth if I am lucky.

Yes I have video proof.

Just gunna upload it now.

Have a laugh at my expense thumbsup

Cheers Dave.
Hpi Firestorm E Flux
Axial SCX10
Heli's also in the mix.

Online Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2015, 09:16:24 PM »
Dave you keep calling the multi rotors a Heli bang head nono

Stability mode turned off on the Tri is so much better....... Looking forward to the vid!!!