Large Scale Downunder Forum

Currently:
  •  Zen G320 carb? 4 1

Author Topic:  Zen G320 carb?  (Read 7242 times)

Offline GSR ENGINES

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 266
  • OWN 1 OR FOLLOW 1!!!!!
Re: Zen G320 carb?
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2015, 07:53:44 PM »
18.3?

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1830
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2015, 08:00:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
18.3?

Actually 18.25 to be precise ..matey

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Extreme Speed Team, Worlds Fastest Hpi Baja 189 kph! BZM 50cc

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2015, 08:07:09 PM »
Meassure the bore if the intake of the reed cage. TS &OBR are the same. 15mm bore & cant do much with it because the reed cage is too small. Even the reed cage for the 32cc-34cc is exactly the same size & reed.

Well I think I can... I enlarged it on the rc50 running a similar reed..
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:23:21 AM by maxit »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline kccortez

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 481
  • Kevin
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2015, 09:39:19 PM »
I don't have a review of the carb but i have an early review of the GSR piston...

Needed a new piston for my OBR full mod and bought a GSR one through PSR. Was a little disappointed that it didn't come with the button clips and just the standard clips (After reading the PSR one doesn't come with them for some reason). Installed the piston and put it together. Before i started it i noticed some metal shavings in the box that it came in. Fark i thought i'd better pull it apart again to check...

What i found was a shit load of metal shaving inside the piston, quite a bit of which had made it's way through the whole engine. So i spent a few hours pulling apart the whole motor to clean out metal shavings and had to buy new gaskets etc. Looks like the piston was just plonked into a box straight after being machined without being checked. Thank Fark i saw the shavings before i started it.

I'll put in another review once i run it...

Offline Jester Racing

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2989
  • Damian
  • Club: QORLS
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2015, 10:55:58 PM »
Well...that's just an "end user" problem. You obviously don't know how to fit a piston by yourself..... *fishing*
The older I get, the bigger the toys........

Offline GSR ENGINES

• LSD Contributor
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • OWN 1 OR FOLLOW 1!!!!!
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2015, 07:53:23 AM »
Well...that's just an "end user" problem. You obviously don't know how to fit a piston by yourself..... *fishing*

Actually we supplied PSR the piston as they wanted to supply the rest of the parts & package it themselves. That is through no fault of ours sorry. We only supplied the pistons in bulk to them. But our kits do come with the pin buttons in the kit al ready assembled into the pin. Sorry there are some things out of our control.

Offline Bignasty

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2015, 08:24:51 AM »
It seems ive been ignored again this should really promote your carb

Gsr i cant help but think that carb will hamper max rpm what sort of rpm are you getting with that saw carb also what about from idle to take off do you need to adjust your throttle settings so it opens slower? I think i have that very carb sitting here. Also what filter are you running? I agree about the pop off but i only change this on my wyk carbs infact i only run the wyk these days and i dont feel i need to alter pop off any of my 771 carbs.

Offline Jester Racing

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2989
  • Damian
  • Club: QORLS
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2015, 08:36:19 AM »
Leaving swarf inside a finished piston is your problem......
I would be very concerned if you felt that it wasn't.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:37:37 AM by Jester Racing »
The older I get, the bigger the toys........

Offline GSR ENGINES

• LSD Contributor
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • OWN 1 OR FOLLOW 1!!!!!
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2015, 08:47:38 AM »
Leaving swarf inside a finished piston is your problem......
I would be very concerned if you felt that it wasn't.
Yes i agree with you & we do try too inspect every piece we modify & unfortunately one may slip through the system. But like i said we didnt package or assemble the kit. We will discuss this with PSR & have the problem rectified.
SHANE

Offline GSR ENGINES

• LSD Contributor
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • OWN 1 OR FOLLOW 1!!!!!
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2015, 09:01:35 AM »
It seems ive been ignored again this should really promote your carb

Gsr i cant help but think that carb will hamper max rpm what sort of rpm are you getting with that saw carb also what about from idle to take off do you need to adjust your throttle settings so it opens slower? I think i have that very carb sitting here. Also what filter are you running? I agree about the pop off but i only change this on my wyk carbs infact i only run the wyk these days and i dont feel i need to alter pop off any of my 771 carbs.

Sorry mate i wasnt ignoring you at all, was just trying to answer too everyone.
No we havent found any throttle response, flat spots or rpm reduction at all from the bigger carby. Actually we have found the throttle response much better to the point that geoff has reduced the clutch engagement rpm lower to better utilise the extra torque that it has allowed the engines to produce. Our original ideas for this size carby was for a couple of our boats & we had a couple of these sitting on the shelf for a few years & never tried them in the past. We made a couple of prototype manifolds for the 34cc zens as a custom application but geoff wanted to try it on the smaller motors & the results surprised me on the 29.5cc test  motor. Although a stock form carbutetor would work but they needed extra modifications to be able to refine them as in popoff preassures etc. Geoff is doing a new video today so i will pist it up for you. We did put 3 different videos on our facbook page, 2 were a bit hazey but 2 chris pattinson took is very clear & shows the carby in action on our chassis dyno. There shoukd also be some video on youtube.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:03:58 AM by GSR ENGINES »

Offline JOHNSEE

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 8751
  • Club: S.A.L.S
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2015, 09:06:23 AM »
Happy mothers day Ladies thefinger

Offline maxit

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2015, 09:22:25 AM »
MMR

Use the carburetor that comes with the g320 works fine.. You maybe also able to use the same carburetor that come with the rc40 has a 13.5 venturi. If you want to try one I could ship it out to you.

Offline Miyage007

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2015, 03:12:43 PM »
Yes to wt990 carb

Offline sdiz86

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2015, 09:09:53 PM »
I was going to buy the GSR Black Hole carb kit for my stock G320, but ended up ordering the Rooster Tail 1107 Full mod carb instead. I don`t mind buying the GSR B.H. carby either to test it out, but a video would be nice, it`s not exactly very hard these days to make and post a video on youtube.

Mr. GSR can`t you just put one of the B.H. carbs on a stock G320 and shoot a video for us? So we can see how it starts, idles, accelerates, mid and top end????
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:51:30 AM by sdiz86 »

Offline Nate1332

• LSD New
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2015, 06:48:47 PM »
I was going to buy the GSR Black Hole carb kit for my stock G320, but ended up ordering the Rooster Tail 1107 Full mod carb instead. I don`t mind buying the GSR B.H. carby either to test it out, but a video would be nice, it`s not exactly very hard these days to make and post a video on youtube.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 06:53:35 PM by Nate1332 »

Offline Nate1332

• LSD New
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2015, 06:59:13 PM »
Not sure what I did there but ment to ask how the rooster full mod 1107 goes.  Looking to buy a G320 but not sure if I should pay the extra for the full mod 1107 or use a spare 668 I have.

Offline sdiz86

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2015, 09:18:22 PM »
Not sure what I did there but ment to ask how the rooster full mod 1107 goes.  Looking to buy a G320 but not sure if I should pay the extra for the full mod 1107 or use a spare 668 I have.
Don't know, haven't received it yet.