Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Peter RCMAX Rebuild.  (Read 8178 times)

Offline NitroManiac

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 743
  • Full time Maniac
Re: Peter RCMAX Rebuild.
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2015, 07:31:01 AM »
How bout that carb?
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Bigger is better right
He who sows capacity will reap torque - where seeds are missing thy must grow revs

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 112
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2015, 07:32:11 AM »
Holy sheeeeeet.. What is that off?

Offline NitroManiac

• LSD Contributor
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 743
  • Full time Maniac
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2015, 08:01:31 AM »
Those are Buller all billet twin carbs.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I think it may work, at least that site sells lots of modified wb3a carbs, some set up for alcohol.
He who sows capacity will reap torque - where seeds are missing thy must grow revs

Offline maxitTopic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1830
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2015, 08:51:13 AM »
Yep have one of these,  as soon as I can make a manifold i give it a go. I had it custom made.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Extreme Speed Team, Worlds Fastest Hpi Baja 189 kph! BZM 50cc

Offline sujuara

• Full LSD Member
  • Liked: 97
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2015, 06:59:10 AM »
This is someone else's  idea with the same carburettor Peter has. I like the heat resistant material his using for the intake manifold. Great idea....
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2015, 10:22:03 AM »
this motor with this bigger carb and pipe just seems to be getting more powerful each run headbang

Offline GSR ENGINES

• LSD Contributor
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 266
  • OWN 1 OR FOLLOW 1!!!!!
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2015, 07:22:05 PM »

Wait till you get the new motor with the evo3 cylinder & supernova carby.

Offline GSR ENGINES

• LSD Contributor
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • OWN 1 OR FOLLOW 1!!!!!
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2015, 07:24:02 PM »

Offline GSR ENGINES

• LSD Contributor
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • OWN 1 OR FOLLOW 1!!!!!
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2015, 07:26:26 PM »
This is someone else's  idea with the same carburettor Peter has. I like the heat resistant material his using for the intake manifold. Great idea....

You dont really need to make that base plate for heat insulation when the reed cage is already made from a phenolic material & is a heat insulator to begin with.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2015, 10:56:12 PM »
Yeah

Nothing new ...

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2015, 08:40:32 PM »
Today's video...ripping up 26/48 just nicely !dirtbike!

Offline Crazy_stu

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1622
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2015, 05:06:08 PM »

You dont really need to make that base plate for heat insulation when the reed cage is already made from a phenolic material & is a heat insulator to begin with.

I disagree with that statement Shane, yeah the reed cage is made from a phenolic material which would help to stop the heat transfer but the heat will still travel through the manifold bolts.  I was still getting heat soak into my carb on my 71 with the v-force reed cage and after a hard run the carb would be just as hot as the engine due to the heat travelling through the bolts.

This is why i have designed a manifold for my 71 to stop this heat transfer and get the carb as cool as possible. 

Heres the deisgn.

Its 15mm thick compared to the stock unit being 8.3mm thick and going to be made from carbon fibre

After a Carb, stock or bearing modified or need a carb repaired send me a PM 

Stock 668  $50
Stock 990  $58

Modified 668  $75
Modified 990  $83

10% discount applies for any carb purchased on the 13th of every month.

Full details in the vendors market.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2015, 07:10:03 PM »
Mate I was hoping he would of woken up to that.  But hey... Where not all experts..

This will be our new design also it will be made of 12 mm aluminuim.. But you see that the bolts will be more exposed than the rest.. This will allow more cooling less  transfer of heat to the carburettor , Also may even have a 2 mm Bakelite plate before it. I'm using it on my 50cc the Bakelite cool as a cucumber.

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2015, 01:37:37 PM »
Can you fuckheads take this carb bullshit talk to another thread..it's got f*** all to do with my 71 ^screwy*

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15369
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2015, 02:20:31 PM »
Can you fuckheads take this carb bullshit talk to another thread..it's got f*** all to do with my 71 ^screwy*

Oi go easy!!!! calling people fuckheads isnít the way to go about it

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2015, 02:21:31 PM »
Was said ..tongue in cheek Ozzy ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15369
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2015, 02:27:27 PM »
Doesn't look like it when there is nothing like a &angel* or *fishing*

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2015, 02:52:06 PM »
Peter look who started the thread so to your remarks .. get off my thread. &angel*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:55:25 PM by maxit »

Offline Jester Racing

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2994
  • Damian
  • Club: QORLS
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2015, 10:45:52 PM »
One question for any of you who wish to answer.....whether you started the thread or not......... &angel*

Is radiant heat also part of the problem?
I would think anything within a close proximity would absorb heat from the cylinder.
Would a heat shield be of benifit? dontknow
The older I get, the bigger the toys........

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2015, 07:02:03 AM »
One question for any of you who wish to answer.....whether you started the thread or not......... &angel*

Is radiant heat also part of the problem?
I would think anything within a close proximity would absorb heat from the cylinder.
Would a heat shield be of benifit? dontknow
Personally I think not.. As the long as your travelling that heat would be minimal.. As there is some distance around the carburettor. The main heat would be transferred through the crankcase up to the carburettor which does get hot.

I did a excise on the rc50 as it has a aluminium reed block it hit 120c at the carburettor and it started to run crazy. I then removed the intake and installed a Bakelite 5mm spacer and the carb didn't go over 30c and didn't have any issues running.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:05:47 AM by maxit »

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2015, 08:32:19 PM »
Well

here we go again Peter asked me to sort out his pipe splitting problem I know he has recently re welded his complete pipe joints. But was worried it would spit again.  So I had a bit of time this weekend to modify his pipe bracket system and removed it from being attached the the side rails. I found that it was twisting a lot at this point and seemed to put stress at the rear header  joint. So I welded a new bracket at the front and will add a rubber spacer with a bolt through it. And then attach it to a bracket that sits onto the chassis. Like the original Bzm pipe. Hopefully this will work for him. I also noticed it may fit a rc50 with some slight mods to the header.

Offline Newkidbaja

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2015, 02:35:04 AM »
awesome rig!

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2015, 08:00:29 AM »
hello Gents

I just recently been given a project for another one off Peters Rcmax this is a 70 turned into a 71 with a  Polini Race edition Cylinder & piston. A bit of work was involved nearly 5 hours porting and opening the crank case to fit the new top end as the skirts circumference was slightly larger and i had to  modif the skirts of the cylinder so it could sit flash to the crankcase top.The piston i added a couple of windows to pick up the front intakes and slightly raised the exhaust port timing with still a bit more polishing up.

It will also be running a Wb44 with a 24.85 venturi with a 63mm stacker & filter, with  the latest Olimat Pipe. I thinks this will be quit an impressive set up. I cant wait to see this one go...

Offline marduk

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Jr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2015, 04:49:32 PM »
so 2x  71 now peter, i can guess what happened lol

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member