Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Peter RCMAX Rebuild.  (Read 6586 times)

Offline Crazy_stu

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1622
Re: Peter RCMAX Rebuild.
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2015, 07:53:26 AM »
I have a feeling that the pipe was originally made for the 70 head but it was not changed for the 71. I could be wrong but I'd say that the 70 exhaust port is smaller.

I was planning on sending it to Simon but I've got some other things that I would like to do to the 71 to increase performance and make it more reliable before I get a pipe made. I'm in no hurry to get mine going again cause there's a few issues that I need to sort out with it that are worrying me.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

After a Carb, stock or bearing modified or need a carb repaired send me a PM 

Stock 668  $50
Stock 990  $58

Modified 668  $75
Modified 990  $83

10% discount applies for any carb purchased on the 13th of every month.

Full details in the vendors market.

Offline maxitTopic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1826
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2015, 08:39:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did RCMAX get the pipes made by Tony Green?

I dont think so. I think the original one where?

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Extreme Speed Team, Worlds Fastest Hpi Baja 189 kph! BZM 50cc

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
I have a feeling that the pipe was originally made for the 70 head but it was not changed for the 71. I could be wrong but I'd say that the 70 exhaust port is smaller.

I was planning on sending it to Simon but I've got some other things that I would like to do to the 71 to increase performance and make it more reliable before I get a pipe made. I'm in no hurry to get mine going again cause there's a few issues that I need to sort out with it that are worrying me.

Stu'

The exhaust port opening on the BZM cylinder is actually 21.7mm I believe the flange on the Simon pipe is about 1mm in diameter bigger. But the RCmax is still larger. The issue with it was where it connected to the exhaust port once the o ring wore out which was within a few runs the gasses would escape and performance would be lost. Now with Peter pipe he has re welded the complete pipe on every joint and it just kept snapping. Im not sure if it a one off dud or the material. I don't know if other have been experiencing the same issue. Simons pipe are different the exhaust header is longer and and there is more volume and slightly longer. I also have had him make a different stinger tip that fits on to which should increase RPM ie reducer.  The pipe fits in perfect and the front brackets have rubber mounts for vibration and any hard knocks that these BB engine will encounter. This will be a pipe to fit both RC50 & RCmax and the Latest ALX71cc. Simon and I have spoken in great lengths to get this pipe going. He could make a great Losi pipe but requires the platform of the RCmax Crankcase, which i believe is lower in height. The best part he has a Dyno and can make the pipe for maximum performance. so im hoping that ther is some one out there to assist. This isn't a problem with the RC50 as the crankcase are the same which i can send him.

Pete will continue testing the pipe for a week or two and hopefully give some feed back on its performance.

Also I believ a Forum Member paid $500.00 AU Delivere, for a Losi Version So im pretty sure Simon will do it at a better price...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:07:00 AM by maxit »

Offline Crazy_stu

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1622
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 11:03:46 AM »
Yeah that oring design is pretty crappy, it really needs a gasket in there like the smaller engines. That would be a heap better.

The rcmax pipe is still a major restriction no matter what way you look at it. It needs to be port matched to the cylinder. It should not have a 3.5-4mm step with the exhaust being smaller.

After a Carb, stock or bearing modified or need a carb repaired send me a PM 

Stock 668  $50
Stock 990  $58

Modified 668  $75
Modified 990  $83

10% discount applies for any carb purchased on the 13th of every month.

Full details in the vendors market.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 11:53:50 AM »
Yeah that oring design is pretty crappy, it really needs a gasket in there like the smaller engines. That would be a heap better.

The rcmax pipe is still a major restriction no matter what way you look at it. It needs to be port matched to the cylinder. It should not have a 3.5-4mm step with the exhaust being smaller.

yes true in that Stu, I was trying to point out that Peter had that restriction running the same flange as the the BZM fitment which was smaller and I thought it did well. I have been talking to Simon and he will make a larger opening for the RCmax Pipe ( The Header & Flange.) this should make a bit more flow. Just wait untill the final pipe is made it will look much better and work better.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2015, 05:32:23 PM »
This shows the size of the Rcmax exhaust port its 27mm in diameter.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[/URL

This is the exhaust header flange showing the imprint on the graphite gasket as you can see there a bit of restriction actually  the original Rcmax flange had 1 mm diameter more. But the pipe went well. So there is more that can be achieved.

Olimate... Header flange.

[URL=http://s614.photobucket.com/user/maxit_02/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsqbrf7g7q.jpg.html]visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:36:29 PM by maxit »

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 112
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 05:39:36 PM »

yeah not forgetting this pipe was originally made for rinos rc50, the rcmax exhaust flange (shown above) has an effective internal gas diameter of only 24mm approx., which is the same as the olimat pipe pictured in rinos post above, that effectively means that there is a 3mm approx. restriction which stu mentioned previously... for something that was mismatched as it is , for now, the pipe did VERY VERY well..now if the pipe was matched in diameter to the rcmax exhaust port, the performance increase should be something else..cant wait to see this pipe progress !dirtbike!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:09:26 PM by doaba »

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2015, 09:28:10 AM »
got a full tank (almost) running the new olimat pipe on the 71..loving it so far, has really given the 71 a good kick in the pants..now just need the pipe modified to suit this motor.
the video does not do it any justice..what youre not seeing in the crappy video is that its actually on 2 wheels the whole length of the field when i decided to floor it

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login          !dirtbike!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 09:41:43 AM by doaba »

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2547
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2015, 10:03:03 PM »
Nice. What gearing were you running?

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2015, 06:13:45 AM »
It's a weird one..24/48..it's something I'm trialling..it doesn't allow the motor to be boggy down low like with the 26 pinion , so there's plenty of wheel spin and the 48 spur gives me a nice top end..the mesh is loose, but the blackbone gears are tuff as

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 11:10:30 PM »
That is a weird one but hey looks like it,s working and yeh noticed not a lot of low down bog that the 70/71 ,s have running big gears.
That wheelie bar keeps it stable as thumbsup.not one tumble as that's what u want.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 07:52:24 AM »
Looks like Peter is loving this Olimat pipe..

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:54:14 AM by maxit »

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 01:21:42 PM »
^^^^ that,s going hard. I would love to see that go against a SF 50 gents  driven1.
That would be an awsome vid.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 01:46:54 PM »
i played these two vids over & over.. The clash of the Titans will be a epic race.. Brut torque over sheer RPM... Play the at the same time.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 01:50:28 PM by maxit »

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 02:42:40 PM »
should be a one horse race..with rino either doing this *flog* or this *bananadog* to his RC50 afterwards.. 1lma00!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 02:49:00 PM by doaba »

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2015, 02:53:06 PM »
should be a one horse race..with rino either doing this *flog* or this *bananadog* to his RC50 afterwards.. 1lma00!

Gee's you come up with some garbled diarrhea. I feel like im.bang head trying to educate u..^screwy*

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2015, 02:58:30 PM »
the only thing you need to educate yourself is this..say it over and over again.."there's no replacement for displacement" 50cc vs 71cc *fishing*

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2475
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2015, 05:00:43 PM »
seems like a challenge is on i will bring the chain tie the two rear ends together see which pulls the other one apart

Offline JOHNSEE

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 8749
  • Club: S.A.L.S
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2015, 08:14:54 PM »
Looks like Peter is loving this Olimat pipe..

Looks like a beast with no steerin.... f*&^%* love it!

Obviously the wheelie bar helps *rofl*

Sounds sweet as!!! headbang

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2015, 08:05:50 AM »
I only bring the front end down to steer..no other f*&*^*% way..*rofl*

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »
some footage with my new gopro4..still getting use to editing it all on computer which is slow as f***

Offline elma fudd

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2038
    • Dave
  • Club: QORLS
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2015, 05:23:19 PM »
I don't know if it's my phone but f*** me it echoes down the back.
people there must love you.
" IF YOUR NOT ELCON YOUR NOT WELCON "

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2015, 05:25:06 PM »
Theres not a house in sight and that's the reason why I go there.. Just many different grounds.. Music to my ears at least.. Lol
The council bloke came over to tell me not to dig up the grass, but ended up watching me tear it up even more.. Lol
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 05:27:18 PM by doaba »

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2015, 07:00:08 PM »
Looking nice Pete

That pipe is sounding good.

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2015, 09:20:09 PM »
!dirtbike!   Running strong. I'm a bit the same I'll go out of my way to find a nice quite spot with no people around.
What clutch you running Pete thumbsup