Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Peter RCMAX Rebuild.  (Read 8650 times)

Offline maxitTopic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1830
  • Run Hard and Fast
Peter RCMAX Rebuild.
« on: December 07, 2014, 02:42:37 PM »
Ok
A few weeks ago Peter approached me with a few issues he wanted sorted out. He also wanted to install a v force reed block a Stage 6. And if I could do some minor porting for him to increase fuel flow.. So I thought I'd help him out. The porting work was more to clean up his intake & exhaust port. I also polished his piston & exhaust & enlarged his exhaust chamber.

Before

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

After

All his transfer ports have bern cleaned and re shaped a bit and his reed intake has bern opened to,allow better fuel entry for his new stage 6 reed block.

[/URL

[URL=http://s614.photobucket.com/user/maxit_02/media/imagejpg1_zpsa5aa0459.jpg.html]visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 06:26:25 PM by maxit »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Extreme Speed Team, Worlds Fastest Hpi Baja 189 kph! BZM 50cc

Offline GSR ENGINES

• LSD Contributor
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 266
  • OWN 1 OR FOLLOW 1!!!!!
Re: Peter RCMAX Rebuild.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 03:54:51 PM »
Port work looks ok rino. Thereis alot more that can be done though. It looks very familiar dont ya think stu?

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 04:57:48 PM »
I could of gone more but Peter likes bottom end.

I kept it simple for now...
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 112
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 06:02:04 PM »
before I go and get flamed on here, there were no "issues" with the motor dontknow
ive been running this motor a few times each week since ive received it and it was one of the first rcmax 71 motors that were released.
along the way ive experimented with certain things, especially gearing to see what works and what doesn't.
with such a overkill motor, and running it in a baja without a wheelie bar, I would always flip it at any speed and be breaking stuff, which is understandable as its truly a monster of a motor.
then came the wheelie bar and experimenting with getting the angle setup right which allows enough lift without it flipping backwards..now I can ride a wheelie for an entire soccer field from one end to another and some, that's with only using half throttle. breakage is almost non existant since headbang
always wanting some more, I asked rino and his team (Team U.F.R a.k.a Uncle Fester Racing..anyone who knows or has met rino will know what im talking about *rofl*) to do some cleaning up of the lungs of this motor.
I didn't want to go too over the top and run the risk of grenading the motor, so rino has only slightly massaged a few things on the motor and In a few weeks I will be trialling the vforce 3 reeds on both this motor and my rcmax 70.
from what I can see Team UFR is a force to be reckoned with...now all I want is my Team UFR stickers. 1lma00!
cant wait to see the results..video will be posted up soon 1beer!

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 06:20:49 PM »
UFC,. Is always there to help....

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 06:25:34 PM »
Rino, it's UFR ..Uncle Fester Racing..Not UFC *rofl*

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 06:29:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Rino, it's UFR ..Uncle Fester Racing..Not UFC *rofl*
Uncle Fester Creations...

Offline GSR ENGINES

• LSD Contributor
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 266
  • OWN 1 OR FOLLOW 1!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 06:35:24 PM »
No need to flame on at all. Its just ironuc after about 50 emails to STU from the start but also the problems that we found with the 70/71cc motor with a step by step guide instructions & pictures that it shows up now. Ok we will start a new post & put this ine to bed. Dont want any bad blood guys only here to share & im sure STU  will verify how much help we have given him & how much detail we went too to help him.
Shane

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 06:48:19 PM »
Shane, We haven't seen or heard anything of the 70cc since its been rebuilt by you guys..would you mind sharing what the end result was? Maybe a video of it running?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 06:53:03 PM »
I'm not sure what ur on about but if u look at my post on stu thread I pointed out some ways he could increase fuel flow in his intake. I followed Scott Finlay's approach increasing the side walls opening in the intake chamber its totally different to your ideas. Not saying yours won't work but mine are proven. Please I'm not trying to out do you, I was asked to post it up as he wanted to show what he is doing to improve his performance. .

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 01:16:23 AM »
Ok

Peter will be testing a Olimate pipe on this I'm just going to modify the flange on the pipe should go well.

Offline ospreyracer

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 375
  • rob
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 01:37:42 PM »
Besides stu the one I have was the first one gsr did there are no videos of it running as of yet but I may upload something soon I will say this tho from what the engine was to how it is now is a massive improvement in low and top ends and I find that the car is more drive able

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 01:40:18 PM »
Would like to see a video of it now

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 03:48:41 PM »
Would be nice to see the diffeence.  Pete be patient those whom wait...get results.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »
A good mate of mine thought I could do with this it's actually great .,

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 09:34:41 PM »
Well had some free time to work on Pete's engine, his stage 6 reed v3 block arrived so easy to fix it on came pre drilled.  But his filter well that another story. It seems that the original filter was cut to make fit into the stacker & the front cap. So Peter purchased one that requires cutting as well and reinstalling with silicon as per original. This is to allow the filter to fit in the area between the carb & the pipe without touching the pipe. Not sure if this is the norm but I wouldn't think so. I had a shit of a time trying to remove it without destroying the front cover. Now the clean up work to remove the silicon. It's coming together slowly. Hopefully will be ready soon for its re birth.

The new filter needs about 10mm removed this will be fun....

Keep you posted..

Offline fudd

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Full LSD Member
  • Liked: 197
  • Club: GRCOR
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 11:17:32 PM »
I have the same drama, currently running a Senad filter(63mm length), but thought about getting the Rcmax filter to suite a Losi setup.
Peter

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 12:25:53 AM »
Peter'

I don't think its a problem if they are a stock able item. Ifn't it a bit of a hassle to cut them up for size you want. Peters case I have to cut approximently 10mm of one side and the rubber ring that is on the stacker side needs to be modified. Know I'm not 100% sure if Peter received the correct filter but that's what he got when he gave them the part number here in Australia. He may chime in a some point to confirm.

My personal preference is a three stage filter never have a problem since I been running. he can use one as well just needs to modify a velocity stacker to allow the choke butterfly to  Operate since its a bigger Venturi.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:33:07 AM by maxit »

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 06:10:02 PM »
Ok first start up for me of Pete's Rcmax so far so good, seems to run good. I have to test it on a open field. Should be interesting.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 07:09:42 PM »
Well had a bit of a run on Pete's engine today even tho it was a short one. The new reed & carburettor seem to be working fine and engine. I can't say much about the rest of the car...*angry* I didn't even get a chance to tune the top end. The pipe didn't last it opened up,in the seam near the stinger.

Big difference from in performance from the last time I had a go.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 07:17:55 PM by maxit »

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 04:38:16 PM »
Well

Pet came to me in desperation on the week end as his pipe he just spent repairing all the joints on have up again. So I thought I'd help him out using the Olimat pipe for the rc50. And it was better than expected fitted good needs a bit of refining in the exhaust header but was great. I'm sure Peter will tell the out come of today's testing. I will say on a small note his clutch spring wasn't great to start of  with. But managed to move well along the park. The pipe is a prototype but seems to be performing quiet well. We didn't get much footage as he ran out of fuel....1lma00!

Here is the test

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 09:51:04 PM »
This pipe certainly made a huge kick in the pants to an already quick and powerful motor. From the minute we started and drove it, the difference in brute power was like chalk and cheese compared to the old rcmax pipe. It was almost like the rcmax pipe was choking the motor and suddenly with this pipe, the sinus was cleared ..unfucking believable !! With just a few minor fitment tweaks, all will be spot on..a highly recommended pipe for those who own a rcmax motor in a baja..for those with a losi rcmax motor, I reckon you'd best to send you're motor in to Simon and get a custom pipe made up and run on the dyno..would be interesting to see what olimats pipe does compared to the rcmax one..especially on these big bores!! headbang

Offline Crazy_stu

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1622
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 05:34:53 AM »
You know where the problem lies with the RCMax pipes, the problem is that the pipe where it attaches to the cylinder the internal diameter is around 3.5-4mm smaller than the exhaust opening in the cylinder.  I noticed this a while back and got a mate of mine to machine me up a new header pipe that matches the head, i was going to chop my pipe up and weld the new section in.

But ive decided a few weeks back that im going to get a whole new pipe made up cause the RCMax pipe is way to thin.  That 3.5-4mm is a massive restriction, im not sure if the baja pipes are the same but i would say that RCMax uses the same flange. 

After a Carb, stock or bearing modified or need a carb repaired send me a PM 

Stock 668  $50
Stock 990  $58

Modified 668  $75
Modified 990  $83

10% discount applies for any carb purchased on the 13th of every month.

Full details in the vendors market.

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 05:44:20 AM »
Stu, you're 100% right about the restriction, but not only that, the rcmax pipe is paper thin.. I spent a tonne of money getting it welded each time.. This pipe is totally on another level in so many ways. I reckon if a pipe change alone has done this to my baja, imagine what it could do to your losi!  Best bet would be to send you're engine in to Simon with youre rcmax pipe and get him to make you up a better pipe.. You'll see a huge performance difference.. I strongly believe that the same pipe cannot be made for the 46 and 70/71 like rcmax have done.. The 71 is a totally different animal compared to the other 2 and it deserves it's own pipe to unleash all that power thumbsup

Offline NitroManiac

• LSD Contributor
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 745
  • Full time Maniac
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 07:48:22 AM »
Did RCMAX get the pipes made by Tony Green?
He who sows capacity will reap torque - where seeds are missing thy must grow revs