Large Scale Downunder Forum

Currently:
  •  Neoplate 5 1

Author Topic:  Neoplate  (Read 11325 times)

Offline badwobbleTopic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 6738
Neoplate
« on: August 09, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »
Hi guy's

As some of you know i have designed a plate that will allow the use of the Elcon servo saver push/pull steering system. Due to much interest i have decided to offer the plates for sale.

This is a do it yourself mod as i will supply the plates only, this leaves you with many options for the parts required to complete the conversion.

The plates are laser cut 3mm stainless steel, possibly offer in alloy later on.

The stock throttle/brake servo may be used in original position with stock linkages, I chose to use a separate throttle/brake set up..

The plates were cut to suit hitech servo's, other servo's may require you to modify plate the slightly.

Parts required to complete are below:

• Elcon or Fg steering servo saver..(i have not used an FG saver,so it may require further mods to set up,but honestly after seeing one it should be much the same)
  • Turnbuckles, servo arm to servo saver need to be approximately 70mm adjustable, the options here are huge, 1/10 or 1/8 scale rc's have a huge array turnbuckles available (i made my own)
  • Turnbuckles for steering 10 mm longer than stock, here i used the stock steering rod ends.
  • You will need 2 steering servo spacers that mount under the plate to keep servo level.
    Front spacer 5mm and rear spacer 8mm (i may include spacers in the future)
  • A flat top reciever box is required (this can be sourced through jaycar or Dick smiths) and some velcro to mount reciever box.
  • You will also need a battery strap and of course servo's and mounting bolts.

You can use a stock hump pack 5b batt pack. I am using a killer rc 6.6 life pack.

like i said this is a hands on mod and i found quite enjoyable and satisfying to complete it myself and if your not that way inclined i would look at other options.

The price for these plates is $45.00 + $5.00 P&H
Without the servo's and elcon/FG saver you can complete this mod for under $100.00 including plates.

I am happy to answer any questions and help with an install if required..end of the day it's a very simple custom servo plate.

Notes:
This is a hands on mod and if your not prepared for a bit of work setting it up then other options may be better for you...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:22:13 PM by neobaja »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The wisest men follow their own direction.
May all your encounters with the law begin with the words, NICE HARLEY!

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2482
Re: Neoplate
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:47:19 PM »
nice work brett , good price as well..

Offline Big_Car_Killa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 475
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:24:36 PM »
Well done mate, post payment details mate!

Offline Ddrummer16

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1070
  • Jesse
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 11:05:14 PM »
Gotta say Brett, I'm very happy with mine, fitted up good just needed to massage a hole or two other then that its a great piece of kit! I would highly recommend it to anyone. 

THanks again mate
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Need to lay off the Jandal

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Gotta say Brett, I'm very happy with mine, fitted up good just needed to massage a hole or two other then that its a great piece of kit! I would highly recommend it to anyone.

THanks again mate

Hey thanks Jesse,i'm glad you like them ,have you already finished the install?

These plates were drawn up on a rovan chassis and an outlaw rc front plate,so there may be minor hiccups with various chassis and plates.

i have left the 4 x mount hole's on the large plate the same size so owners that don't run a standard 5b cage(eg:t-chase cage) can use the same size mount bolts.

If you use the 5b cage then the 2 x front hole's will need to be drilled to except the cage where it mounts at the front and trim some plastic off the cage mount posts to allow for the extra 3mm depth in the chassis to get the standard pins in at the bottom.

I will include some basic instructions with the neoplates and any buyers can get me here with questions.

cheers
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:31:39 PM by neobaja »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Ddrummer16

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Jesse
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 11:42:16 PM »

THanks again mate

These plates were drawn up on a rovan chassis and an outlaw rc front plate,so there may be minor hiccups with various chassis and plates.

i have left the 4 x mount hole's on the large plate the same size so owners that don't run a standard 5b cage(eg:t-chase cage) can use the same size mount bolts.

If you use the 5b cage then the 2 x front hole's will need to be drilled to except the cage where it mounts at the front and trim some plastic off the cage mount posts to allow for the extra 3mm depth in the chassis to get the standard pins in at the bottom.

I will include some basic instructions with the neoplates and any buyers can get me here with questions.

cheers

Yeah Brett finished fitting it up today, I will post a pic tomorrow of it all setup, All I need to do is get a receiver box and its ready to go. 

I used the same top plate as you (outlaw rc) the only one it might not work with is the Integy version as I think there is no holes in them (correct me if I'm wrong)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 12:12:57 AM »

THanks again mate

cheers

Yeah Brett finished fitting it up today, I will post a pic tomorrow of it all setup, All I need to do is get a receiver box and its ready to go.  

I used the same top plate as you (outlaw rc) the only one it might not work with is the Integy version as I think there is no holes in them (correct me if I'm wrong)

Thats fantastic mate,you don't muck around,well done  clap1 !woohoo!

the integy plate could be drilled out i would say..

Offline Mr.Leopard

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 310
  • GGF
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 05:45:47 AM »
Mate just to give you the heads up on what an fg servo saver is worth, they are $69 the cheapest I've found

Good for the DIY guy I guess I'm sorry but with a list like that of parts that I would have to buy and make I would rather stick to the other fg steering setup on the market, that is a direct bolt in with every part included and no stuffing around to make it work

That list of parts is a major turn off

Just my o2cents

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 08:33:32 AM »
Mate just to give you the heads up on what an fg servo saver is worth, they are $69 the cheapest I've found

Good for the DIY guy I guess I'm sorry but with a list like that of parts that I would have to buy and make I would rather stick to the other fg steering setup on the market, that is a direct bolt in with every part included and no stuffing around to make it work

Just my o2cents

not many parts at all, brett's neoplates takes the hardest part out. the rest is simple easy stuff..
as drummer mentioned in his post.

Offline Ddrummer16

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Jesse
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 01:15:36 PM »
the only thing I had to buy was the elcon servo saver and a set of smaller turnbuckles, I used smartech ones.

Offline bajabrad

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2419
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 01:47:57 PM »
Maybe Mr.L's 0.02c is only worth 0.00001c......thumbsup

Good on ya for sharing your upgrades Brett!!!!!

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 05:54:48 PM »
Cheers guys,it's always good to be positive and thanks for the support  headbang

Just my o2cents

As i stated in the description,under $100.00 not including a Fg or Elcon servo saver.. dontknow but thanks for the heads up clap1

Mate if you consider that a lot of parts and doing a bit of work to finish it all too hard,i'm quite surprised your involved in rc, rc is a DIY hobby,this is a cheap option only, by all means buy your preferred setup.

And don't be sorry,because i really don't care...everyone is entitled to there opinion.

Some people actually enjoy putting things together,some don't i guess

Offline xr8ute

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1232
  • Dean
Neoplate
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
Well done Brett, I do like the way you have both throttle and brake servos in a line.
Nice and simple for linkage setup!

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 06:37:41 PM »
Thank you Dean thumbsup

Offline Godles

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2168
  • Luke
Neoplate
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 07:15:36 PM »
Is fantastic to see how quickly you went from cardboard mockups from an idea to where you are now!

Some like kits some like rtr each to there own

Forgot to say some like manufacturing :p

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk HD

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 08:21:28 PM »
Cheers Godles  thumbsup

the whole process did take longer than it may appear,it took quite a few weeks,i do not make them,i'm in the plastics industry..

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2547
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 11:42:12 PM »
Everything looks and sounds easy but a lot of time and r&d gets put into products like this.
Hats of to ya mate for offering a better steering solution  clap1

Is c/f an option in the future  bananadance1

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 12:14:03 AM »
his a tip for you brett ....

if you get a bloke in china asking if you could sell him one for his baja ....and he might tell you a story my baja turn's terrible etc etc, and i need this for racing or whatever..

don't bloody sell him one !!!!  you know he wants to clone it.. ;D

Offline Mr.Leopard

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 310
  • GGF
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 10:25:04 AM »
Ain't that your mate Ambro? Lol

Offline MONAROMAN

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 206
  • Down for the count
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 10:48:17 AM »
Ain't that your mate Ambro? Lol

Ha ha Kaleeoplate!

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 12:08:57 PM »
Everything looks and sounds easy but a lot of time and r&d gets put into products like this.
Hats of to ya mate for offering a better steering solution  clap1

Is c/f an option in the future  bananadance1

Thanks mate  thumbsup

Never thought about other materials really,C/F would look good too,not to mention the weight savings

I will look into some C/F copies, be interested myself to see the costs here.

cheers

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »
his a tip for you brett ....

if you get a bloke in china asking if you could sell him one for his baja ....and he might tell you a story my baja turn's terrible etc etc, and i need this for racing or whatever..

don't bloody sell him one !!!!  you know he wants to clone it.. ;D

LOL Ambro,he can copy it if he wants,anyone can,i'm just trying to recover a little coin that i outlayed...

Big thanks to Ozzy for giving me a platform to do this,your a champ mate and been a big help clap1

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »
no probs brett..

i ll be seeing my bro tomorrow, i'll ask him if he wants a set.. and good on ya ozzy for allowing another great ausie  product up for us to have a choice and buy..

Offline Ddrummer16

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Jesse
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 06:32:18 PM »
I'll be giving the NEOplate a review on monday after race day tomorrow.

Offline klh mx10

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7181
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »
Hats of to ya mate for offering a better steering solution  clap1

Is c/f an option in the future  bananadance1

Thanks mate  thumbsup

Never thought about other materials really,C/F would look good too,not to mention the weight savings

I will look into some C/F copies, be interested myself to see the costs here.

cheers

I'd be interested in a CF one too Brett, I think getting CF plate cut neatly is an issue, but yeah if viable for u to do it I'd be in for one.

KLH concepts custom painting - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login