Large Scale Downunder Forum

Currently:
  •  Neoplate 5 1

Author Topic:  Neoplate  (Read 11100 times)

Offline bradh79

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Jr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 3
Re: Neoplate
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2012, 07:01:07 PM »
i want one :)
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Ddrummer16

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1070
  • Jesse
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2012, 10:25:50 PM »
Thought I might give a heads up to those of you using the GTB alloy turnbuckles. This happened last race day

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Need to lay off the Jandal

Offline Godles

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2167
  • Luke
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2013, 08:58:30 AM »
Thought I would have a look into this lol

the required parts being the below I'm looking for recommendations - cheap and decent lol i know thats not really likely but what are you guys using and how have they held up?

• Elcon or Fg steering servo saver..(i have not used an FG saver,so it may require further mods to set up,but honestly after seeing one it should be much the same)
I'd grab an elcon

[ul]
  • Turnbuckles, servo arm to servo saver need to be approximately 70mm adjustable, the options here are huge, 1/10 or 1/8 scale rc's have a huge array turnbuckles available
  • Turnbuckles for steering 10 mm longer than stock, here i used the stock steering rod ends.
  • You will need 2 steering servo spacers that mount under the plate to keep servo level.
    Front spacer 5mm and rear spacer 8mm (i may include spacers in the future)
[/ul]
also would I be correct in saying that for an Ebaja I could dremel the back section away to allow for more battery space and still have my steering and brake servo?

Offline Mr.Leopard

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 310
  • GGF
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2013, 10:21:10 AM »
Dont see why you couldnt luke...

Itll bring down the siZe a fair bit if you did

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Offline Ddrummer16

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1070
  • Jesse
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2013, 10:47:06 AM »
I think most of us are using the elcon saver. I'm using a set of 1/8 DHK turnbuckles I think mine are 70mm but will measure again later to make sure. 

I did use the stock turnbuckles (servo saver to front hubs) for awhile until they ripped out of the plastic ends (I seem to be the only one that has happened to) then used GTB turnbuckles but as you see in the pics below then bent, so now running stock with alloy ends. Next thing I want to try are those IRP adjustable ones. 

Yes you can cut of the back section as there is another place to put the throttle servo
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Need to lay off the Jandal

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2482
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2013, 10:53:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thought I might give a heads up to those of you using the GTB alloy turnbuckles. This happened last race day

why don't you just run down the road to a engineering shop or similar and just get them to make you some...

best way  i think