Large Scale Downunder Forum

Currently:
  •  Neoplate 5 1

Author Topic:  Neoplate  (Read 11107 times)

Offline Ddrummer16

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1070
  • Jesse
Re: Neoplate
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2012, 10:18:52 PM »
Well its monday aint it, time to give a little review.

Now first of all I didn't have the best race day but I got a little run time out of it so this is based off about 4 laps. My first lap in the first heat was awful as my steering was back to front (right was left and left was right) I only lasted one lap before the dogbone spat itself out.

My other laps were AMAZING, the steering is a vast improvement over stock steering, nice and smooth and very quick.

I'm using Smartech turnbuckle (from the servo to the servo saver) which might be to short or just not up to the job as the ripped out of the ends.

Hopefully I can give a better review after the next TnT at SALA
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Need to lay off the Jandal

Offline badwobbleTopic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 6738
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 10:39:22 PM »
Cool Jesse,well to a degree anyway,spewing you had issues with the buckles  bang head  turnbuckles need to be the exact same length, also are you using the big blue hitech horn?

and yeah mate the first thing i noticed with mine was how fast it will turn in,it's like learning to drive again.

My turnbuckles were made of 4mm mild steel rod and rovan stabilizer bar ends,no issues here yet,touch wood.

i'm going out again on wednesday morning so will see how this bash goes thumbsup

I'd like to see some pics of your setup?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:41:33 PM by neobaja »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The wisest men follow their own direction.
May all your encounters with the law begin with the words, NICE HARLEY!

Offline Ddrummer16

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Jesse
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 10:54:51 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to psr soon to see if I can get something a little beefyer and maybe some alloy ends. Yup running the double sided servo horn. 

Sorry Brett keep forgetting about the pics, will def get some tomorrow for ya.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 11:43:21 PM »
No worries Jesse,
and how did you find the install? do you think it was easy enough to fit it all up? was easy for me as i removed and replaced mine quite a few times.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JOHNSEE

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 8749
  • Club: S.A.L.S
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 12:30:14 PM »
When i saw it on Jesse's car on race day Sunday my eyes grew bigger looks like a very beneficial investment to me and when i get around to buying one ill be recommending it to many!! headbang

Good stuff Brett.. !

Offline Ddrummer16

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Jesse
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
I've got some pictures now, Not the greatest pics but you can see how it all works/goes together

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 11:01:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When i saw it on Jesse's car on race day Sunday my eyes grew bigger looks like a very beneficial investment to me and when i get around to buying one ill be recommending it to many!! headbang

Good stuff Brett.. !

Cheers Johnsee, i'm liking mine so far too  thumbsup

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2012, 11:14:43 PM »
Good on you Jesse thanks for the pics,
when you get a receiver box it will be a lot neater,be careful your wires don't rub raw and short something out. i used some shrink wrap on my antenna and ran it up my cage,its basically out of sight.

I can see why your turnbuckles pulled out,looks like there is about 2mm going into the ends,needs to get some good bite here, 5mm is a good start,so like you said earlier,just a little short as is.i would also get longer turnbuckles as they look like they might be vulnerable also,

you done well mate and i'm sure you will finish it all off nicely thumbsup

Flat life pack battery underneath the receiver box.

with a hump pack,you may need to trim back the throttle horn,depending on how large the receiver box is.or possibly run on the other side,but then the body for a 5B may be an issue.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:24:03 PM by neobaja »

Offline Hor Mann

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7866
  • Wanna see my watch?
  • Skype Name: kevinl2375
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 11:10:53 AM »
I have only just had a really good look at this thread..

Good job mate and good to see another quality product coming from Australia..thumbsup

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »
Cheers mate,good for the DIY fellas out there i think.

love that pic  thumbsup

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2228
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 12:00:40 AM »
I'd be very keen on a Carbon version as well Neo headbang. Don't quote me but Bajabrad might be able to help you out with cutting Carbon. Be worth sending him a PM anyway thumbsup.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 02:45:14 PM »
I'd be very keen on a Carbon version as well Neo headbang. Don't quote me but Bajabrad might be able to help you out with cutting Carbon. Be worth sending him a PM anyway thumbsup.

I'm trying for a local bussiness at the moment Craig,but yeah bajabrad offered early days with the neoplate,i think he is in Queensland,just much easier if i can do things local at this stage,things are looking good for the CF plates and i will let you know as soon as i hear back from a couple of businesses thumbsup

As you most likely know it cant be laser cut,needs waterjet cutting,which i believe is not as neat as laser,so i need to suss that out a bit more.

Offline bajabrad

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2419
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2012, 03:15:31 PM »
Nearly as Good Neo. If you're interested you can get the material sent to me with the drawing. I'll cut a few for you if I can keep two for my cars? Freight isn't that expensive & I'll do it for mates rates thumbsup

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »
Nearly as Good Neo. If you're interested you can get the material sent to me with the drawing. I'll cut a few for you if I can keep two for my cars? Freight isn't that expensive & I'll do it for mates rates thumbsup

Hey thanks mate,i wasn't looking at sourcing the CF myself,one company actually has the CF already,i will be in touch soon mate as i may very well take up your offer,cheers Brad

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2012, 12:31:55 AM »
Still waiting on some replies about the carbon fibre,i can say though that C/F is not cheap...

Also for those that may be wondering what is involved for removal of the neoplate once fully installed is rather easy and quite quickly done..

just a matter of losening the steering servo front mount bolts and the removal of the servo horn which can be accessed through the bottom of the chassis,(small hole needs to be drilled for access here)then the 2 x rear plate mount bolts,thats it.

So you can have the main plate and all servo's out in just a few minutes wrenching,this leaves all the steering intact for any maintenance that may be required.

Cheers

Offline Hor Mann

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7866
  • Wanna see my watch?
  • Skype Name: kevinl2375
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2012, 06:29:44 AM »
Maybe, you should look at doing a detailed instruction (with pics).

Do one for installation and removal.
You will be surprised how much this will help with selling your product..thumbsup

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2482
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2012, 10:00:51 AM »
Good on you Jesse thanks for the pics,
when you get a receiver box it will be a lot neater,be careful your wires don't rub raw and short something out. i used some shrink wrap on my antenna and ran it up my cage,its basically out of sight.

I can see why your turnbuckles pulled out,looks like there is about 2mm going into the ends,needs to get some good bite here, 5mm is a good start,so like you said earlier,just a little short as is.i would also get longer turnbuckles as they look like they might be vulnerable also,

you done well mate and i'm sure you will finish it all off nicely thumbsup

Flat life pack battery underneath the receiver box.

with a hump pack,you may need to trim back the throttle horn,depending on how large the receiver box is.or possibly run on the other side,but then the body for a 5B may be an issue.

looks bloody neat... i might bite the bullet and get either one of these fg setups on the market..
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 10:03:31 AM by in rod we trust »

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2012, 10:14:03 PM »
Either one Ambro??there is only one,lol,break a leg mate,you can buy my drawings for $5000.00 and even use the name,you will get your money back by 2050 and if you get onto the chinese you will never get it back(this is i presume what you would do)

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2012, 10:15:39 PM »
Maybe, you should look at doing a detailed instruction (with pics).

Do one for installation and removal.
You will be surprised how much this will help with selling your product..thumbsup

Yes you are right here,i will see what i can do over the weekend  thumbsup

Offline Ddrummer16

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Jesse
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2012, 12:06:34 AM »
Hey Brett, I was going to upload the pics of the rx box I made but they have come out far to small. And Its not going to work the way I thought so I've gone back to my trusty zip lock bag lol

Offline Mr.Leopard

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 310
  • GGF
Re: Re: Neoplate
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2012, 05:24:22 AM »
Either one Ambro??there is only one,lol,break a leg mate,you can buy my drawings for $5000.00 and even use the name,you will get your money back by 2050 and if you get onto the chinese you will never get it back(this is i presume what you would do)

Sorry mate but what do you mean there's only one ?

Have you been hiding under a rock for the past 2 years and just crawled out now?

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2012, 07:55:38 AM »

Sorry mate but what do you mean there's only one ?

Have you been hiding under a rock for the past 2 years and just crawled out now?

Haha yeah under a rock thefinger

don't worry there's nothing sinister in my comment  angry

Ambro was referring to the pics above,thought he might think they are 2 different units,thats all mate,

Offline Mr.Leopard

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 310
  • GGF
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2012, 08:56:33 AM »
Ahh right I was gona say LOL

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2482
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2012, 06:14:07 PM »

no thanks brett... don,t need to get the chinese to make them either, just open up a plant up at christmas island..plenty cheap labour there..;D

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2012, 06:17:28 PM »
Well it's been brought to my attention that the front throttle brake servo cutout is smaller than it was supposed to be,i did know the hitecs fitted on my 1st plates,but it appears the laser cutters failed to make the T/B servo hole on v2 plates the same size as the other,and i myself failed to check this again with a hitec as i installed savox servo's that are larger..^screwy* which required me to dremel out the edges of the cutout..i have since checked it with my old hitec and yeah it dosen't fit in the space.bang head

Due to this i have decided to drop the price to $50.00 posted as some dremel/file work will need to be done..