Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Bajaman's 5b  (Read 1179 times)

Offline BajamanTopic starter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 22
  • Skype Name: BajamanNZ
Bajaman's 5b
« on: June 22, 2014, 10:22:10 PM »
Hey all

Since I'm on a new forum I thought it would be a good idea to post a thread about my baja and a bit of it's history. This thread will be ongoing with pictures/videos, upgrades, repairs and carnage. thumbsup

I got the baja as an HPI SS kit about 6 years ago and been hooked on it ever since - well up until about last year when I gave it all a bit of a break.

It's had endless amounts upgrades which you can spot yourself in the pictures, I'm sure you aren't interested in a long list of parts. It's had a number of rebuilds, the most recent was only half a dozen tanks before I parked it up. During that rebuild I rebuilt the engine with an RCMK top end with a 2mm stuffed crank and ported the Zen crank case to fit.

To get her running I bought a 990 carb rebuild kit and some knock-off Rovan bow-ties. The fuel had been sitting in the car for a year so a good flush with fresh fuel was in desperate need! Apart from a minor check up and clean that's all she needed.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There's a race meeting on the July 6th I want to go to. Can't wait to get back into that again, I'll be a bit rusty I think. !rccar!

Cheers
Cam
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 04:04:41 PM by Bajaman »

Modified Baja 5b - 30.5cc RCMK          50" Cat - S254 RCMK w/ RCMK hardware          Modified Axial AX-10 Crawler

Supported by rci-racing.com, New Zealands #1 Largescale RC shop!

• LSD Newbie
Re: Bajaman's 5b
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 05:00:53 PM »
Dropped a bucket of parts off at the anodisers today, should have them by the end of the week.

Modified Baja 5b - 30.5cc RCMK          50" Cat - S254 RCMK w/ RCMK hardware          Modified Axial AX-10 Crawler

Offline bajabrad

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2419
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 05:15:05 PM »
Nice work. Keep the pics coming thumbsup 

We are simple folk!

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 6738
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 05:21:31 PM »
Great stuff Cam, that's one of my favourite bajas mate, still looking good too, might have to sharpen up the driving skills after the long break,lol

The wisest men follow their own direction.
May all your encounters with the law begin with the words, NICE HARLEY!

Offline JOHNSEE

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 8749
  • Club: S.A.L.S
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 05:46:56 PM »
The baja is looking good Cam thumbsup

Have you got a pics of the parts you dropped off dontknow

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 06:34:13 PM »
Thanks fellas.

Nah sorry no pics. Me and Sam managed to strip two bajas down in about 2 hours work so we could drive an hour to the anodisers. So it was all a bit rush rush and last minute. A photo was the idea but completely forgot about it in the end.

Also I'm in the process of building a roller as a spare for race meets. Just trying to get a few parts together.

thumbsup

Offline klh mx10

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7181
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 08:49:18 PM »
Good to see the 5B getting some love again Cam, always been a good looking and well modded baja this one. thumbsup

KLH concepts custom painting - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 10:48:26 PM »
I got my parts back from the anodisers on Friday. Had a busy weekend so I didn't finish re-assembling the car until late last night. All ready for racing next Sunday!

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2547
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 11:50:00 PM »
Nice colour that  thumbsup. and the ano came out nice and consistent colour wise.

Offline Grim Reaper

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 3557
  • Mick
  • Club: Red Lion Rebels
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 12:15:14 AM »
Nice colour combo mate, looks good thumbsup

• LSD Newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 01:09:47 AM »
Thanks fellas. thumbsup Yeah the colour did come out identical. I got the parts done at the same place as last time a couple of years back. I'm surprised none of the old green hadn't faded slightly.