Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Suzukiboy Baja's  (Read 1025 times)

Offline suzukiboyTopic starter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Full LSD Member
  • Liked: 47
Suzukiboy Baja's
« on: May 04, 2014, 07:03:59 PM »
Ok as I want to contribute to the forum I thought I would post up all my Baja builds.

This was my first Baja I brought a SQ Baja clone.

Was told it had a 26cc fitted but after comparing it to the HPI SS I say it was a 23cc.

Was a perfect introduction to 1/5, one reason was because of all the breakages I learn how to fix/work on the Baja.

Price was ok but quality wasn't.

Some of the bad points.

First problem wheel nuts on backwards.

Exhaust was sitting on the roll cage.

Steering servo gears and servo saver stripped after a coulpe of runs.

One of the bolts (back bolt) that screws the front tower to the top plate is too long and when you steer it hits the steering linkages and limits full steering movement and also wouldn't do the servo much good.

The steering linkages hit one side of the chassis, so you will have to grind the chassis a little, you can use a file on it.

Some sort of plastic dogbones ends, pins came out

Cracks in most of the wheels.

Will start with a few pictures unmodified.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Got rid of the air cleaner.

Don't you love the exhaust.

Body could have been cut out better.

This was a interesting label that came on the Baja.

Have heaps more information to post as I said was a great learning experience.

Offline Justin2000

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2357
Re: Suzukiboy Baja's
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 07:20:42 PM »
Nice :-)
Looking good . Is that a carbon fibre body ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Full LSD Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 07:39:19 PM »
Some of the mods I fitted were.

Uni Air Filter (3" height) with Outerwears Airfilter Pre-Filter.
Modifed RC rear bumper.
Front window.
Shock covers.
HPI SS exhaust.
Turtle front and rear shock towers.
Dark Soul front bumper (didn't last long bent up so I swapped for a Worx bumper)
5T roof guard.
Pro-line Tyres and Black Desperado Wheels.

• Full LSD Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 07:40:39 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Nice :-)
Looking good . Is that a carbon fibre body ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No just painted to look like.

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2547
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 08:00:27 PM »
Looking good  thumbsup
Love the quality pics , what are you using to take them   dontknow
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Full LSD Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 08:28:10 PM »
Looking good  thumbsup
Love the quality pics , what are you using to take them   dontknow

Just an old 2MP Sony Cyber Shot.

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 6738
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »
I remember that baja! well the body at least, an early Kane paint job, if I remember rightly it was once owned by benkie?

Good to see you post up your rc's headbang
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The wisest men follow their own direction.
May all your encounters with the law begin with the words, NICE HARLEY!

Offline SLAYER

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2257
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 09:08:01 PM »

Kawasaki green headbang

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15271
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 11:00:42 PM »
Nice!!! I love the green flames against the black headbang

Offline klh mx10

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7181
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 12:48:24 AM »
I remember that baja! well the body at least, an early Kane paint job, if I remember rightly it was once owned by benkie?

Shit yeah a really early one i did for Benckie!

Do you still have this Baja Dave?

KLH concepts custom painting - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sword26

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 5807
  • Craig
  • Club: Red Lion Rebels
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 09:48:10 AM »
Thanks for posting the pics and info, especially the bad points, I'm sure this will help others in deciding brand choice, thumbsup

Sig by   Chris Allender

• Full LSD Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 05:31:35 PM »
I remember that baja! well the body at least, an early Kane paint job, if I remember rightly it was once owned by benkie?

Shit yeah a really early one i did for Benckie!

Do you still have this Baja Dave?

No sold it to a forum member.

• Full LSD Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 05:39:29 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics and info, especially the bad points, I'm sure this will help others in deciding brand choice, thumbsup

It was good to learn on, would I buy another clone now no.

Here are some of the breakages.

• Full LSD Member
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 05:57:49 PM »
One of the problems I had was the turning circle was really bad.

Put in down to poor quality plastics used on the clone and I think the servo saver was twisting so I hand made one out of aluminum, huge improvement.

Dark Soul ending up making one as and upgrade.

Should have put patent pending the on design when posting pictures. thumbsup

Check out the DDM listing, they even have my picture up.

Offline monsterbug

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 3022
    • Danny
  • Location: right behind you mutha fuka, failing that New Zealand
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 06:00:05 PM »
Maybe you stole their picture dontknow *fishing*

• Full LSD Member
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 06:10:29 PM »
Fitted a set of Integy front brakes.

Took a bit to get working but they work better then the Skunk Works Front Brakes I have on one of my other Baja builds.