Large Scale Downunder Forum

Currently:
  •  Rc50 Evolution 5 2

Author Topic:  Rc50 Evolution  (Read 22352 times)

Offline maxitTopic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1826
  • Run Hard and Fast
Rc50 Evolution
« on: April 26, 2014, 04:18:46 PM »
Ok

Scotty has sent out a rc50 cylinder for testing to Tim ( OCbaja ). Its a prototype cylinder and will be giving some feed back on its performance? Tim will mostly ride this in the dunes so I would say testing will be mainly sand. I think its set for its first run tomorrow should be great. I be testing something similar soon once it's been put on Dyno & tested by Scott its a little different. All I can say is way over the top...

Here is a start up,vid today looking good.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:26:56 PM by maxit »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Extreme Speed Team, Worlds Fastest Hpi Baja 189 kph! BZM 50cc

Offline SLAYER

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2257
Re: Rc50 Evolution
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 05:47:46 PM »
I be testing something similar soon once it's been put on Dyno & tested by Scott its a little different. All I can say is way over the top...

Think your got to many projects going on Rino, think you should send this 1 to me  &angel*
That vids just a cocktease *rofl* sounds good tho....
1beer!
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline corty351w

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1931
  • Shane
  • Club: GRCOR
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 06:37:05 PM »
Sounds fantastic, and 2wd drive Losi as well  headbang

GRCOR Member #0001

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 08:33:32 PM »
Yeah 

It was a bit
I be testing something similar soon once it's been put on Dyno & tested by Scott its a little different. All I can say is way over the top...

Think your got to many projects going on Rino, think you should send this 1 to me  &angel*
That vids just a cocktease *rofl* sounds good tho....
1beer!

Yeah

Just a bit tease  I'm hoping Tim takes a good vid tomorrow. I have just been emailing him today.  He seem to think its going to kick ass...  I still think it will be over powered my self we will have to see.

Mite have to start a new build maybe soon, that hybrid looking good.

Offline nz420

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2855
  • Mr Happy
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 01:52:38 AM »

I still think it will be over powered my self we will have to see.

thumbsup *rofl* ^screwy* ........the joys of being male,most of the time we know what it takes to be sensible.....it's just that quite often we choose to ignore it *rofl*
Contempt without prior investigation will guarantee everlasting ignorance

Offline BASHINBEAST

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 05:06:59 AM »
Yeah

Just a bit tease  I'm hoping Tim takes a good vid tomorrow. I have just been emailing him today.  He seem to think its going to kick ass...  I still think it will be over powered my self we will have to see.

[/quote]

Here you go gents...sounds so nasty!

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:12:06 AM by BASHINBEAST »

Offline OCBAJA

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 66
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 09:34:08 AM »
Thanks for posting that clip up Sal.   I did some testing yesterday at the Chase race but did not have a lot of time.  I could not get traction with the rear trenchers.   All I can say is this motor is a true beast and has excellent throttle response withe the stock Tillotson carb.  The Bartolone pipe provides an enormous amount of bottom end torque.   The engine does have a different tone to it compared to the 40 running the same pipe.   I tested again today on pavement and the top rpms were as good as or better than the 40.   I forgot to bring my tach though.  Throttle response is crisp and top rpms were very pleasant to the ears. 

I really want to get this in the dunes which are the best test for any motor.  It's a bit of a trip to get to the dunes and its starting to get very hot out there.  Ill do my best to get out there ASAP.    Great work Scott Finlay

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 05:51:05 PM »
Tim

Its a pitty you live a distance to the dunes. The Rc50 looks like its got some serious bottom end. I'm sure she pull heel up those dunes. I hope you get to do some more testing soon.

Cheers

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2547
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 08:43:54 PM »
Of all the tyre choice....  Trenchers..... dontknow

Offline antonis2708

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 09:08:50 PM »

Of all the tyre choice....  Trenchers..... dontknow

Makes it loose traction easier.

Sigs by Ozzy Mozzy
I support Redline Enterprises

Offline OCBAJA

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 66
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 11:09:11 PM »
Yep I do not like trenchers.  I had a brand new set of Hostile MX's and tore the sidewalls on my first run.   Can't wait to put my RC4WD paddles on......

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 07:13:37 AM »
Ooop's

Carnage starts all ready.....

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 05:16:03 PM »
Ok

Tim hasn't had much time on the weekend but Only had time for a little street testing this weekend .  He wanted to test more but had home commitments.  He got the carb tuned very nice with the perfect color.  I hit 16,900 RPMs but not all out with 23/51 gearing and very old crappy trencher tires with old foams.  He said the powerband is awesome and his tires would spin for the 1st 100 feet or so.  Soo much spinner off the line it was impossible to wheelie (He really doesn't care about wheelies much)

This is looking very strong and hopefully out in the dunes next time out.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:38:39 PM by Ozzy Mozzy »

Offline simonj

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 408
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 01:08:41 PM »
Fark! That thing hauls a***!

Offline DIMBLEWAMBIE RACING

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 777
  • Justin R Lamb
  • Instagram: justin__lamb
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 04:04:00 PM »
f*** yeah that thing goes hard.. seen it and heard it in person and its impressive. Being in a OCbaja hybrid losi 2wd conversion makes it a real controllable animal. Cant wait to race me RCMAX 70 up against her headbang

Justin R Lamb

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 06:24:23 PM »
Yes

I'm looking forward to seeing that!!! I think once a Tim gets some time in the dunes will show its true performance. I will be looking forward to mine hopefully soon....Be nice to have it at the Sydney bash fest. If that's still on?

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 05:38:33 PM »
Sorry forgot I had this thread going I post on this from now on.

Ok
Been busy with the rc50 cylinder with some extra work on the inside. The crankcase is at the anodiser. I have a different method of anodising with doesn't require etching. I really had to clean & polish the case for this method of application. Should get it back in a few days.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 09:52:19 AM »
Just weighed the old crank 0.732grams and the new Bzm red crank 0.686 grams this will be better for that extra rpm I'm looking for. Boy u don't relies how much weight is in these cranks.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 05:23:30 PM »
Just got the bottom end back from the anodisers.. Should have it all together by the weekend if all goes well.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:25:14 PM by maxit »

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 05:58:32 PM »
Just a pic with the seals..

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 10:48:52 PM »
Did a bit more work on the motor,  crank installed he bearings & seals . Just a little more work.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 09:54:39 PM »
These cranks are available for the rc40 & the rc50 Look at the quality of this crank.. CS crank is very nice has a knife edge on the rod & the bearing are way better than the Bzm. Also you can get them in different stroke from 39.2 all the way to 39.8.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014, 09:05:39 PM »
His a video of Rc50cc standard, He hasn't uploaded it on YouTube...sounds really nice. Its on fade book.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:06:51 PM by maxit »

Offline doaba

• Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 112
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 09:41:40 PM »
Is fade book different to face book? eek2

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Run Hard and Fast
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 09:46:22 PM »
Is fade book different to face book? eek2
Stop being so critical its face book typo error...there maybe be to more rc50 at the park tomorrow testing.