Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  2014 HPI Baja 5b SS Build UP.  (Read 4792 times)

Offline Fifty8

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1363
Re: 2014 HPI Baja 5b SS Build UP.
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2014, 05:42:52 PM »
looks good Waxie thumbsup

the Dunes look good, nice and clean.
did you get any video?

have to get over there soon for a bash gun! !rccar!

Offline WaxieTopic starter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 302
  • No you cant have a shot!
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2014, 06:21:11 PM »
The dunes were awesome the best I have seen them lots of jumps one you could launch over a dune and land right at the bottom on the other side around 45ft. Also found a nice rise that I was hitting almost flatout and the car would wheel stand over the crest and across the dune. I could of spent the whole day there driving different lines.

No video yet, but hopefully at the end of the month I'll be doing a camping trip to Gibbon with a few boys we will definitly get some video then.

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2014, 06:39:26 PM »
Here is a short video the kids filmed. Not sure if it will work.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2014, 06:52:38 PM »
!rccar!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mobbie

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 260
  • I don't grow up, my toys just get more expensive!
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2014, 06:55:37 PM »
Now that it's a great photo :)

Sent using tapatalk

Offline Jankroau2

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Full LSD Member
  • Liked: 94
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2014, 12:43:07 AM »
I just did an update to the shopping list, I have added front and rear turtle shock mounts.  I read on the IRC site that you either need these or there mounts to fit the shocks.

I also ordered a new radio I decided to go with the Futaba 4PLS i built my first SS kit with a spectrum Dx3R which was a pricey bit of gear back then and it was a piece of crap will never buy a spectrum radio for a car again*angry*.  I have been running the Futaba 3pl in it since and it has huge range which is a good thing in the dunes.bananaf

I picked up the 4PLS for my 2014 ss kit last month. The range is brilliant at around 600-800m before it starts to get intermittent. Also have now done 2 tanks and soon to be a third on a single charge of a 5000mah receiver pack and a LiFe transmitter battery combination. plusone!

Offline sword26

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 5807
  • Craig
  • Club: Red Lion Rebels
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2014, 10:08:03 AM »
Good stuff Waxie, they're good at putting a smile on your dial, headbang  thumbsup
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sig by   Chris Allender

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2014, 08:42:57 PM »
I got a little more done to the 5b over the last week.  I installed the turtle diff, turtle shock mounts, team chase shock towers, IRC BB shocks and the uber rc drive shafts.  I also fitted up a set of proline bowtie's so i have a spare set.

I realised i should have a front window if i head up to SALS on the weekend so found some material and knocked one up.  RC planes normally have a pilot so thought why not put a passenger in a car.  I wanted some one tough, so settled on Bella Donna, if she can take a baseball bat she will handle anything i can dish out. *bananadog*

Offline JOHNSEE

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 8764
  • Club: S.A.L.S
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2014, 09:26:06 PM »
*rofl*
Cool touch with the window.

Lookin good waxie might see you sunday thumbsup

Offline Ddrummer16

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1071
  • Jesse
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2014, 11:38:44 PM »
1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00! 1lma00!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Need to lay off the Jandal

Offline mtbkym01

• Jr. LSD Member
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2014, 07:42:20 PM »

Wow, do you mind if I ask where in SA these dunes are?
RC Racer, Basher, and Collector
"If it's Old Skool, It's Kool"
RCHobbyzone.com.au

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2014, 08:23:50 PM »
People call them the Moonta Dunes there south of Moonta halfway between the Gap and Cape Elizabeth.  My backyard bananaf

Offline mtbkym01

• Jr. LSD Member
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2014, 09:03:27 PM »
People call them the Moonta Dunes there south of Moonta halfway between the Gap and Cape Elizabeth.  My backyard bananaf

Awesome, close enough for a day trip from Hallett Cove
RC Racer, Basher, and Collector
"If it's Old Skool, It's Kool"
RCHobbyzone.com.au

• Sr. LSD Member
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2016, 11:25:14 AM »
Took the lad out for his first drive of the 5b today and managed to capture a few shots. !woohoo!