Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Evel Kneivel big air bug tribute build  (Read 37580 times)

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15286
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
Re: Evel Kneivel big air bug tribute build
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 01:29:04 PM »
eek2 The nicest looking shocks I have seen mate thumbsup
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline antonis2708

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 191
Evel Kneivel big air bug tribute build
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »
I think they are my ressies Kane. They went to craig and now back in WA
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sigs by Ozzy Mozzy
I support Redline Enterprises

Offline klh mx10Topic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7181
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2012, 03:25:01 PM »
Could be - i've seen them on a couple of Craigs builds from some time ago - i think they were originally on his hotwheels 5T, and i know they were on his redbull shorty 5T as well.... and then the ressie chambers just went back to Vic to get the blue ceramic coating so they've crossed the nullabor a few times!!!!

KLH concepts custom painting - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline antonis2708

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2012, 04:01:28 PM »
He had a couple of sets I think but I think them ones are my old ones. Haha.

Sigs by Ozzy Mozzy

Offline Craig#991

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2228
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2012, 05:22:13 PM »
Yep, they're Tony's old ones which IMO were the best ones I had, I had 3 sets of them thumbsup.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »
never been this pretty but......surely they'd be black, or maybe silver if Tony's....rofl

KLH concepts custom painting - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 07:44:29 PM »
Every chance i'll get this fired up in next few days and maybe even a drive with luck if everything works out!!   bananadance1

Offline antonis2708

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »
never been this pretty but......surely they'd be black, or maybe silver if Tony's....rofl

Well most of them are silver. Haha

Sigs by Ozzy Mozzy

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2012, 07:51:33 PM »
Yeah no anti-bling on this thing now....lol.

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2547
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
headbang  thats sexy that

Turn your TC front bumper brace the other way round mate as it will bend like butter that way, TC won't warrant it like that and recommends it installed the other way.

Don't know if you knew that and just liked the look of it that way as i did and bent my first one easy as.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2012, 11:08:48 PM »
Shit no I never knew that, was on like that when it rocked up from Craig so I'll just blame him.....rofl  Will flip it over for sure as no doubt it's gonna cop a flogging in the dunes. Never had a 5T before always 5B's so not totally familiar with all the extra mounts and crap that hangs off them!

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2012, 11:36:38 PM »
rofl   took me a while to get use to  those bloody add ons and mounts also,   I  prefer B's

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2012, 03:50:48 AM »
I'm all about the 5SC's and 5T's myself headbang.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2012, 11:44:17 PM »
Hey guys the EK bug is almost RTR now, just have to wire in the pico and some other small jobs and it's off to the dunes this coming Tuesday for it's maiden run!!! visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here's it's first start vid, holy shit the RCMK has some compression, combined with the billet pullstarter handle it nearly ripped my hand apart trying to start it while it wasn't co-operating intitially....all it needed was a little stab of throttle and it finally fired once i managed to hold the bastard down and use the controller at the same time to feed it some gas.... visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sounds really responsive at only small amounts of throttle input already so hanging out to drive the bastard finally!!

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2012, 12:00:13 AM »
Thats some sexy bit of gear there mate   !boobs!    perve     , she came out showing her stuff nicely.

Sure did make you work for it though but when going it's looking pretty punchy on the throttle .

fuk that's gonna look sweet in the Esperance dunes , i still cant forget seeing it at your event on the white sand and saying to Tony    fuk that looks sweet       and it wasn't near completion then .

Bring on Tuesday   blob    !dirtbike!  !dirtbike!   !dirtbike!

You should of got a white Michael Jackson glove mate instead of that plain one and done a bit of a breakdance for us   bananadance1

how did you go with the connection of the pipe , it already was a nice snug fit and the ceramic added some meat.
Did you sand some material off to fit?
It's the best fitting pipe in the connection area i have seen to date  thumbsup
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 12:07:34 AM by atmmak5 »

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2012, 12:03:38 AM »
Thanks Greg, can't wait! Hope like hell the suns out Tuesday so i can do a little photoshoot on the sand before i christen it!

And i edited out must of the ripping on the pullstarter as it was just too long and boring to watch....zzzzzzzzfark my fingers were stinging!!!!

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2012, 03:16:59 AM »
Lucky you use your right hand to pull yourself !woohoo!.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2012, 09:22:33 AM »
99, 100.... and swap.....  tosser  thefinger

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »
99, 100.... and swap.....  tosser  thefinger

Yeah right, like you make it to 100. Must go like this, 1, 2 miss a few 99, 100 rofl
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 09:28:07 AM by Craig#991 »

Offline bennyd

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2035
  • Benny
    • Benny
  • Instagram: bennyd1980
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2012, 10:49:25 AM »
Nice one Kane, came out sweet headbang

Pipe sounds mean too gun
Back playing with real cars

Quote from: GonzoRacer
All too often I say "I can build something nicer than that" and I'm looking at my own build log...

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2482
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2012, 09:34:46 PM »
craig i found something for you to spend a few more dollars .. sorry kane i thought it was craigs bike build thread , just seen the evel knievel .title and thought it was craig's .. well it might be usefull to you as well as i'm guessing that you like evel as well , with this build.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:44:38 PM by in rod we trust »

Offline JOHNSEE

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 8751
  • Club: S.A.L.S
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2012, 09:56:54 PM »
Awesome Kane looks and sounds sweet!! Now im keen to see this beast in action..
bananadance1

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2012, 10:14:59 PM »
It's Tuesday Kane   bananadance  put the vid up please  !dirtbike!

Was shitty weather your way though   17 and pissy
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:16:29 PM by atmmak5 »

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012, 09:46:07 AM »
I ran it guys, and so far underwhelmed with how it went to be honest......BUT, to be be fair it's spanking new, and rich as hell still, put a tank and a half through it in 15 min sessions, the last I adjusted the throttle EPA's to give me full throttle and it didn't go much different, going back out this morning with Pat for a bash, so will lean it out and try get a run in between the showers of rain!!!

I'm sure it'll loosen up over the next few tanks and respond to some tuning today, well it f*^*%* better!!!! Will get some footage today.  !dirtbike!

Offline antonis2708

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2012, 10:50:51 AM »
I ran it guys, and so far underwhelmed with how it went to be honest......BUT, to be be fair it's spanking new, and rich as hell still, put a tank and a half through it in 15 min sessions, the last I adjusted the throttle EPA's to give me full throttle and it didn't go much different, going back out this morning with Pat for a bash, so will lean it out and try get a run in between the showers of rain!!!

I'm sure it'll loosen up over the next few tanks and respond to some tuning today, well it f*^*%* better!!!! Will get some footage today.  !dirtbike!

I don't think your going to be too excited Kane. From what I understand they are very torquey but don't rev!! You may need to get the barrel ported to allow more rpms.

Sigs by Ozzy Mozzy