Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Evel Kneivel big air bug tribute build  (Read 44757 times)

Offline LthlDC

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 33
  • See that guy... WanKER
    • The BEST RC IN DA WORLD
Re: Evel Kneivel big air bug tribute build
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2012, 08:16:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i wonder what the mount in the back is for?

Kracken bullet fueler adaptor. easier to encorperate a mount for your own gear while your in the R&;D stage then adapt something as an after thought. Good thinking I say.
Just because you can afford a Ferrari doesn't mean your Michael Schumacher... Stop spending money and go get laid.

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15399
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2012, 08:41:11 AM »
Another good photo of it.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Now that i want!!!!! bananadance
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2940
  • Banned for Life Aye
    • The Worlds Best RC Site, Bar None
  • Location: Jack Lives Here, Jim Lives Here, So, I Live Here.......
  • Club: UHROC
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2012, 09:07:33 AM »

Kracken bullet fueler adaptor. easier to encorperate a mount for your own gear while your in the R&;D stage then adapt something as an after thought. Good thinking I say.

Very true, i never even thought of that! good work for them i say!
Sent from the LSD Naughty corner, using a flashlight and morse code

.... - - .--. ---... -..-. -..-. -... .. - .-.-.- .-.. -.-- -..-. .---- --... .-- ..-. -.. ..-. .-.

Offline Mr.Leopard

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 310
  • GGF
Re: Re: Evel Kneivel big air bug tribute build
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2012, 09:16:21 AM »
Another good photo of it.

Now that i want!!!!! bananadance

Lightbar sets it off with the barndog panels....who makes it if you don't mind me asking? And what they worth? I want!

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2012, 09:32:21 AM »
Kraken, it's still in development stage.....actually i think they are making the tooling atm

Offline SHORTCUT

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1379
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2012, 09:33:08 AM »

Very true, i never even thought of that! good work for them i say!

JOHNNY CHECKOUT PAGE 5 ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
Signature By Ozzy Mozzy
Large Scale Downunder Addict

Offline klh mx10Topic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7181
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2012, 10:40:48 PM »
Yeah hurry up Kraken I want one! Thanks for the
Pic Steve I saw that on HBF the other day, sounds like its
Getting closer.

KLH concepts custom painting - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2012, 10:49:20 PM »
Its looking like they will be out before Xmas, cant wait to see them....

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2012, 01:03:21 AM »
Well a bit of an update on this thread, as some would have read the RCMK CR300B seized at Lancelin 2 hrs old with good plug colour.... :' visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
 ( Dropped a Rovan 30.5 4 bolter in it Sat arvo so i could bash Sunday. Never ran it in as such and just flogged it and it was OK, not real powerful but tight and new and untuned.

Rovan in..... visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

After my disaster run at Lancelin with both my cars i was a bit over Largescale and was planning a bit of a break for a couple of months as have so much shit to do around here and just run my simple electrics when i wanted a quick bash....well that lasted 2 weeks as Pat and Kip are keen as to bash this Sunday so fixed all the Lancelin Damage tonight, stripped 5755 servo gears replaced, ripped out rear beadlocks sorted, bent rear 8mm turnbuckle replaced etc etc.....!

And i f(*&^% off the Rovan Chase copy cage as it didn't fit that great and personally i find these style cages a PITA to get at anything to work on the car! visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
 Plus with the Bug body couldn't get to the pullstarter either!!!!!

So i fitted a nylon Rovan normal cage with 5T fittings, body fits great now and looks heaps better as i can get it to sit lower - when i ran it at Lano with the 5B wheels it looked pretty stupid i thought, now it looks much better with the body lower, next will be a lower set of gears (stock 17/57) so i can go back to the 5T wheels and tyres as they look heaps better with the bug body proportionally. visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
 i like it with the stock cage better too as you can see more of the bling also.... visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Chopped the cage and fitted a H-bomb.

Also rotated the pullstarter so i can start the car with the bug shell on.

Took it over the flat track for a super quick bash to make sure everything was right - it seemed pretty good! Can't wait for tomorrow. visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Toys all ready for tomorrows bash - just the DHK missing in this pic.

KLH concepts custom painting - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2012, 01:26:06 AM »
That's a noticeable difference with the way the body sits now, looks much better.

That's the only thing i don't like about the TC cage, it's so damn hard to work on. I got the TFE tethered 'R' clips so at least it makes it quick and easy to get it off......

I noticed you have the wing on in the last photo, looks good thumbsup

Offline Craig#991

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2228
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2012, 11:32:29 AM »
Might be a good Idea to change the Rovan spark plug cap over before you go on another bash Kane. I had a few of them fail driven1.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »
Yeah if need be I got spares, all good atm, I've had dogey ones too in the past. Weather here is amazing today, can't wait for this arvo, I'm due for a good run with this thing, if not electrics are there.......

Offline Rooster Tail Engines

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 864
    • Rooster Tail Engines
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2012, 10:49:25 PM »
The bug body with the wing looks *notworthy& cool as. 

A mate of mine uses the pitbull flexible mount to mount it.rofl. I'm laughing cause you cant say that without saying mount twice. anyway it is getting late i know.

Offline Hor Mann

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7907
  • Wanna see my watch?
  • Skype Name: kevinl2375
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2012, 07:17:04 AM »
Looks heaps better with the body lower now mate...
Looks great with the wing on..

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2012, 12:08:18 PM »
Yeah agreed mate, it looked f*^*%* stupid before sitting up in the air with little wheels hanging out the bottom, lancelin was the first time i ran the shell and i wasnt keen on the bubble look, but now it looks pretty trick, looked hot on my track lapping yesterday. !dirtbike!

Finally got a good run out of this thing - 2 full tanks with only a couple of minor issues, had quite a crew out here yesterday, couple new guys with losi Fives in town , plus an HPI 5 SC , Pat with the Crash Tester and Kip with his new 30.5 alloy Kingmotor - 6 largescales (plus a few brushless) at Bimbadeen for a bash, awsome arvo with good bunch of people and plenty of beers.... visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The bug handles quite well - suspension is very stiff as set up for the dunes but it still took the whoops quite well and sat flat, motor is OK, not much bottom but acceptable once wound up and keeping the momentum up was the key with it.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:11:02 PM by klh mx10 »

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2012, 12:10:05 PM »
Grouse pics but where's the farking Vid dontknow

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2012, 12:13:18 PM »
Got 30min worth mate, gonna take awhile to get through it and edit it down, i'm onto your boats today mate when Chloe has her sleep at lunchtime so better do them instead of this vid..... 1oops1

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2012, 12:20:03 PM »

Awesome photo's....I love this one thumbsup

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2012, 12:30:34 PM »
Got 30min worth mate, gonna take awhile to get through it and edit it down, i'm onto your boats today mate when Chloe has her sleep at lunchtime so better do them instead of this vid..... 1oops1

OK. That sounds like a good plan bananaf

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2012, 12:34:06 PM »
I like number 7 where the suspension's fully compressed and the 2nd last one headbang.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2012, 02:07:40 PM »
Ha ha yeah i liked that compressed pic too - Bug looks dumped on it's ass!

Offline Hor Mann

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7907
  • Wanna see my watch?
  • Skype Name: kevinl2375
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2012, 02:11:08 PM »

Yep this one here looks sick...
Would look mad like this on a roady...

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2012, 02:17:42 PM »
I did consider the bug shell for my on-road project (whenever i can get to it!) but have chosen another look which should be just as unique on a Baja...

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 6738
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »

Yep this one here looks sick...
Would look mad like this on a roady...

+1 that looks tough as for a DAK DAK

The wisest men follow their own direction.
May all your encounters with the law begin with the words, NICE HARLEY!

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 6738
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2012, 07:25:01 PM »

Awesome photo's....I love this one thumbsup

Yep there all great pics but this one is Awesome clap1

The wisest men follow their own direction.
May all your encounters with the law begin with the words, NICE HARLEY!