Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  SCZ-E290 29cc first time out  (Read 13748 times)

Offline puppeli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full LSD Member
  • Liked: 2
Re: SCZ-E290 29cc first time out
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2019, 05:56:03 PM »
Too small for both of the engine. You have to try the Tillotson. MMR has them. 771 and 1107 are not too different. 12.7 venturi on 771. 1048 has 13.5 and Tillotson just little more I think but with choke ends up to be pretty similar to 1048. Difference easier to start and operate. But yes I think you are going with too small here. There is a comparison between 990 that is about the same as 1107 and 1048 on SCZ. The difference is very noticeable.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bajaforthewin

• Jr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2019, 07:08:48 PM »
The 1107 on my 40GT revs 16.6k I fitted a wj71 and revs to 16k only difference been the bigger wj as a lot more bottom end.

I donít have that scz no more it was a great little engine in its own right, add gears and it suffers.

Itís all revs and no torque over gear it and itís a wasted engine.

Offline puppeli

• Full LSD Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2019, 06:11:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The 1107 on my 40GT revs 16.6k I fitted a wj71 and revs to 16k only difference been the bigger wj as a lot more bottom end.

I don’t have that scz no more it was a great little engine in its own right, add gears and it suffers.

It’s all revs and no torque over gear it and it’s a wasted engine.

Taller gears higher rpm with the clutch to compensate. But that top is great on these engines. Yes the power on these are on/off that demands lot from the clutch to get it right if you want control. You would need a good adjustable clutch for track and some patience to get it right. For bashing these go hard. I have the disc clutch so that is even more on/off but it is also adjustable with 500rpm jumps adding or taking away adjustment plates that you can buy separate. I haven't had a problem yet touch wood but the violence of these clutches you have to get the taper absolutely right or the clutch comes loose and does damage. Little tricky but that's how I like it.
I have been looking at the GT40 and it looks great. I also like the RC40 from Scott. Maybe in cards one of these in future but still happy with the smaller engines. Even the KM 30.5 REV is a great engine and lot of potential. The cylinder is a bit ESP like porting and the crank is little lighter than some others. But the best is the piston. Only 22g that just beckons to be window ported and timed for the reed.