Large Scale Downunder Forum



Author Topic:  SALS Race Day Weather and Cancellation Policy  (Read 828 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RedlineTopic starter

  • Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1400
  • Liked: 2350
  • Mat
  • Location: Adelaide
  • Club: SALS
SALS Race Day Weather and Cancellation Policy
« on: August 03, 2013, 04:52:00 PM »
Hi Guys,

The committee has put together a weather & cancellation policy to be followed on race days.

This is to assist people to determine in advance whether a race day will be cancelled or not due to weather.

The Hot Weather Policy for Race Days will be as follows:

If the forecast for Race Day in Murray Bridge is 36 degrees or above, the Race Day will be cancelled. The forecast will be take from Elders Weather located here - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and the cutoff time will be 12 noon on Saturday the day before Race Day.
Please note that this applies to Club Race Days only.

Also, the existing Fire Ban regulations set by the AMA (owner of the land) will override the policy above. E.g if the temperature forecast is lower than 36 degrees but a Total Fire Ban is in place for the district, racing will be cancelled. For details on the Fire Ban regulations, please see here - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please note that this applies to any day.

The Wet Weather Policy for Race Days will be as follows:

The track will be reviewed in the event of wet weather on location up until 7am the morning of the Race Day.

If the Race Day is cancelled members will be notified at or before this time. We will always try to give as much notice as possible but want to ensure the best decision for the club and it's members is made

Notification of all cancellations will be made via SMS first and foremost, so please ensure we have your current mobile numbers on file so you are kept up to date.

Further to this notifications will be published on the various forums where SALS is represented and the Facebook page.

Please note: If you are unsure of whether racing is on. It will always be on unless notification is sent out to the contrary.

In the event of a cancellation the Race Day will be moved to the next date on the calendar, replacing the practice day.

If you have any questions regarding this please contact me directly.

Thanks
Mat
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


SALS You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login & You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login