Large Scale Downunder Forum

Author Topic:  Grim Reapers Shorty 5B  (Read 17401 times)

Offline Grim ReaperTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 3557
  • Mick
  • Club: Red Lion Rebels
Re: Grim Reapers Shorty 5B
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2014, 08:26:22 PM »
Thanks guys yeah I'm f*&*^*% stoked, I was just lucky to score them at a bargain price when Jono (DB) put them up, I couldn't resist headbang
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline simonj

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 408
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2014, 08:58:11 PM »
Looks awesome Mick good job!

Offline Ddrummer16

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1070
  • Jesse
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2014, 09:50:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
f*** that's looking grouse mate *perve*

plusone!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Need to lay off the Jandal

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2547
« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2014, 10:18:32 PM »
clap1  Can  see why your stoked
Great job Mick
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sword26

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 5807
  • Craig
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2014, 10:02:22 AM »
Holy f*** Mick, that is scmick as, gonna be hard the first time those beady's get scratched up as i found out with the my first tumble with the SS, and the 62, bang headgun!, lol.  just a fact of life,  unless you want to punt it around like Richard, *fishing*    *rofl*

Sig by   Chris Allender

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2014, 03:47:16 PM »
Cheers Craig, yeah I know *rofl*  Well alloy can be sanded and polished............so it will only be a shelfie when I'm not bashing it and running circles around Richo thefinger 1lma00!

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 6737
« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2014, 05:28:27 PM »
Great job there Mick, you got a good eye for knocking them together mate, well done bud thumbsup

The wisest men follow their own direction.
May all your encounters with the law begin with the words, NICE HARLEY!

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #182 on: February 25, 2014, 06:36:12 PM »
Cheers Brettski thumbsup  Well it's finally all back together and ready for roosting !woohoo!

Got the pipe mounted, throttle linkage sorted and wiring tucked away nice and neat.

Now to get it dirty !rccar!

Offline L.T.R

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sr. LSD Member
  • Liked: 97
  • Hayden or H.
« Reply #183 on: February 25, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »
headbang Now that rocks Mick. Great job bud thumbsup.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
p

BASH IT! BREAK IT! FIX IT! BASH IT AGAIN!

Offline Ddrummer16

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1070
  • Jesse
« Reply #184 on: February 25, 2014, 09:56:04 PM »
Looks sweet Mick! 

Love the black and chrome combo

Need to lay off the Jandal

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2014, 04:03:45 PM »
Well its been a while since updating this thread so after the last bash it was time for a good clean and I've replaced a few parts. Got myself an alloy rear bumper and a phatdad anti-squat brace. I'm running the pigtail pipe for now whilst my other pipe gets repaired.

I've got my 29cc engine in now and run in the first tank with the new ring. It's all ready for the September bash driven1

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2547
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2014, 09:42:05 PM »
Always sweet to fire her up and run in for the first time after a build   headbang
Good on ya Mick   thumbsup

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #187 on: September 08, 2014, 05:36:30 PM »
I've had plenty of tinkering time in the garage this past week so although the pigtail pipe was fine for a while, I decided to put the dom pipe back on. I noticed it wouldn't fit with the alloy bumper so removed that and put my old plastic one back on

The mount busted wayback at the last romsey bash, which I had to fix. Looks like a dogs breakfast but it was the best thing I could come up with for now. Not sure how long it will last like this, kind of a quick fix. Gonna try to come up with a much thicker stronger mount after the bash

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 6737
« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2014, 05:26:34 PM »
Cool Mick, that's the one I will bash @ bunyip, thanks mate thumbsup

The wisest men follow their own direction.
May all your encounters with the law begin with the words, NICE HARLEY!

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2014, 12:13:14 PM »
Been a while since I've updated or done anything since the last bash and now that the 5T is pretty much finished decided to do some work on the shorty. A while ago a picked up a few alloy upgraded parts, front alloy hubs, and rear shock tower supports and upper arms. So got them installed whilst swapping engine over.

Some of the parts were purple so deannoed and polished, they came up alright. Also picked up some threshold crowns for the rear shocks

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2015, 05:01:32 PM »
This shorty copped a flogging last bash and has been sitting on the shelf in pieces waiting for some TLC. Well today it got some. After finishing the 5T off I was in the zone so I started cleaning and polishing parts like a madman and got it back to roller stage. I'm going to add a high flow fuel kit and new fuel lines to the tank.....rebuild the engine and it will be good to go.

Running Kraken upper rear arms again as the alloy ones gave me the shits

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2015, 04:16:39 PM »
Well the shorty is back together and ready for action.........trying a few different things so we'll see it goes thumbsup

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2015, 03:51:22 PM »
ok so last bash session I blew the head gasket somehow so had to pull it apart to get ready for Red Lion. Got a few things done last night, including the install of my new Hostile 3 degree hubs which i picked up the other week. Never used these before but they are a sweet bit of gear.

Trying to press the bearings in by hand was a nightmare as they were very tight so ended up using a socket the same size of the outer casing and a rubber mallet to smack them in which worked a treat. I didn't realise that I needed straight heims with spacers for these to work as apparently stock ones bind...but luckily I found some on my old set of arms and I think they are IRP ones and the spacers fit like a glove.......... I also decided to swap out the alloy tower supports and put plastic ones back on. Just need to put the rest of it back together and it's ready to go for RL headbang

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15187
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2015, 04:06:21 PM »
Looking good Mick, bet you cant wait for RL.....

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2015, 04:11:38 PM »
Thanks Steve.........yep sure am......it's not like I'm counting down the days or anything lol.........Just a few finishing touches to go and my whole fleet will be ready to get dirty thumbsup

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2015, 04:12:58 PM »
f*** your way ahead of me..... I still have a bit to do!!

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2015, 04:16:57 PM »

better pull ya finger out then......less than 4 weeks to go!!!

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Addicted LSD Member
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2015, 04:21:54 PM »

better pull ya finger out then......less than 4 weeks to go!!!

I know, I know 1oops1

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2015, 08:51:57 PM »
Picked up some fresh fuel last night thinking I was gonna give the shorty a quick test run before RL but this was short lived as I soon realised the rear toe in was way under, I had to fix it bang head

i worked out the spacers were way too long bang head I took them off and replaced with shorter ones, then realised the bolt was too long and the heim would bottom out when going back on..........after some head scratching and cursing thinking I'd have to take the whole rear end apart, AGAIN.....I thought.............well f*** this I said, out came the angle grinder which soon fixed that 1chainsaw1  *rofl*

Took off about 6mm and now with some smaller spacers to suit from a bit more old alloy tubing I managed to get the toe in just perfect thumbsup

So I thought you little ripper time to fire it up for a quick fang.......then it bloody rains ffs #$spit&*  1lma00!

Test run will have to wait.........at least that's one problem solved......front leaky shock to be fixed, then Red Lion here we come headbang

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Mick
« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2015, 10:57:12 AM »
Shorty performed really well at RL, got a broken rear shock shaft due to a faulty home made limiting strap 1oops1 So decided to give the shorty a bit of a revamp, flick of paint on the wing and gear cover, chrome springs, proper Killer RC limiting straps and made a set of red windows, sporting a RLR sticker.............all ready to go for Red Lion headbang