Large Scale Downunder Forum

Currently:
  •  Some of my work - KLH concepts 5 4

Author Topic:  Some of my work - KLH concepts  (Read 37704 times)

Offline Driftclown

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 507
Re: Some of my work - KLH concepts
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2013, 04:43:25 PM »
ok kool thanks for the info kane keep up the good work
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline klh mx10Topic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7181
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2013, 07:06:33 PM »
Too easy man, cheers.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

KLH concepts custom painting - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2013, 11:10:58 AM »
Couple of updates for this thread  - these pics are in the coresponding build threads on here too, but thought i'd add these to the paint section as pretty happy with them. thumbsup

Craig's long awaited C-45 in organic robotics theme he wanted "Evolved".

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

KLH concepts custom painting - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2013, 11:23:20 AM »
And a shell i just got done this week for my 1/10  Losi XXX SCT.

My slant on Jesse James' West Coast Choppers Trophy truck scheme.

All paint.

And stickered up ready to bash!

Gold Kevlar look for the back.

Offline SLAYER

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2262
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2013, 03:17:35 PM »
Couple of updates for this thread  - these pics are in the coresponding build threads on here too, but thought i'd add these to the paint section as pretty happy with them. thumbsup

Awesome paint job Pop headbang Like the amount of detail thats gone into it thumbsup How many hours dontknow
Just a shame it wont see water but be another 1 of Craig's shelf queens &angel*

Offline Justin2000

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2363
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »
Love your work on the losi Kane . The West coast is sticker or you painted mate ?

Offline Justin2000

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2013, 03:56:19 PM »
How did you do the gold Kevlar look at the back . Look ahit hot . Best one I seen Kane . Combination of colors is great . Where can I get the paint you using mate ? Thanks :-)

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2013, 04:41:56 PM »
Couple of updates for this thread  - these pics are in the coresponding build threads on here too, but thought i'd add these to the paint section as pretty happy with them. thumbsup

Awesome paint job Pop headbang Like the amount of detail thats gone into it thumbsup How many hours dontknow
Just a shame it wont see water but be another 1 of Craig's shelf queens &angel*

Thanks Gabz, 44 hours in that bastard!!! Huge one.... I think there will be too many C-45's and all members off here for Craig not to race this one!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:44:11 PM by klh mx10 »

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »
How did you do the gold Kevlar look at the back . Look ahit hot . Best one I seen Kane . Combination of colors is great . Where can I get the paint you using mate ? Thanks :-)

Cheers mate, WCC logos all paint.

The candy colours are House of Kolor, Pagan gold on first backed with coarse pearl silver, 2K base coats. Then sealed with an HOK intercoat clear. I sprayed an adhesion promotor on first this time as an experiment to see how the durabilty goes. Most of your hobby paints like Spastix / Faskolor etc etc do candies as well in their polycarbonate ranges, pretty sure RC Buggies are stocking quite a bit now and have candies in their range.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:50:04 PM by klh mx10 »

Offline Justin2000

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2013, 06:37:26 AM »
Cheers Kane :-)
It not so easy but will give it a try soon .
You are so talented mate .

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2013, 12:27:42 AM »
Got this finished today, just a basher shell for my Blitz, thought a Dukes of hazard theme would be cool but once I googled it man it's been done almost as much as Monster Energy theme's...lol.

So I added an Aussie slant to it just for fun, not a lot of effort in this one as it's gonna get hammered.... driven1

Offline nz420

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2912
  • Mr Happy
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2013, 11:52:19 AM »
......generally loose *rofl*
Contempt without prior investigation will guarantee everlasting ignorance

Offline jafo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2013, 09:45:52 AM »
nice paint jobs wish i new how to do this stuff
turnigy thunderbolt 1/5th 28cc
hong nor X1CR force 1/8th .32 nitro
turnigy 2WD SCT 1/10th brushless
thunderbolt III 1/5th 29cc

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2013, 01:57:36 PM »
Here's a couple more i just got done for Bajadan.

Got one for Ozzy to do and Goddles next, getting through them slowly as usual!

Dan's vintage Kyosho MG shell, this has all Chrome bumpers and grill, lights etc etc to mount up so should look cool assembled - quite a scale kit, surprising amount of hours went into this, the drivers head took over an hour to tape up and paint!

Had to paint some on the outside too as Dan wanted to try get a flat finish on some of the interior area's to add more scale realism.

And Dan's Small Scale Downunder forum themed onroader.

Headlight and grill stickers on.

And the one pic i managed to get in the sunlight, but not the best angle to show the candy blue edging up.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2013, 07:21:03 PM »
After the last Shortcourse bash in the rain my shells needed a wash, thought the different colours looked kinda cool together in this pic.

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2944
  • Banned for Life Aye
    • The Worlds Best RC Site, Bar None
  • Location: Jack Lives Here, Jim Lives Here, So, I Live Here.......
  • Club: UHROC
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2013, 07:41:28 PM »
Here's an update for my mg shell too Kane

Sent from the LSD Naughty corner, using a flashlight and morse code

.... - - .--. ---... -..-. -..-. -... .. - .-.-.- .-.. -.-- -..-. .---- --... .-- ..-. -.. ..-. .-.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2013, 07:59:17 PM »
That's come up great all built with the bumpers etc - and i love those rims and tyres, sets it off so well!

How's the onroader build coming along Dan?

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2944
  • Banned for Life Aye
    • The Worlds Best RC Site, Bar None
  • Location: Jack Lives Here, Jim Lives Here, So, I Live Here.......
  • Club: UHROC
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2013, 10:16:43 AM »
you mean this one?

The wheels are not the ones im looking at using, just got the body mocked up on an old chassis i had lying around.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:18:07 AM by Baja Dan »
Sent from the LSD Naughty corner, using a flashlight and morse code

.... - - .--. ---... -..-. -..-. -... .. - .-.-.- .-.. -.-- -..-. .---- --... .-- ..-. -.. ..-. .-.

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2013, 11:17:43 AM »
Sick..... thumbsup

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15411
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2013, 11:26:31 AM »
Damn!!! That looks so cool....

Sent from my iPhone5 @ LSD HQ

Offline Screamer Designs

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1023
  • Previous username : kamipalms
    • Screamer Designs
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2013, 11:27:58 AM »
Love your work mate - top notch stuff  thumbsup

Offline TappetHead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • LSD New
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2013, 07:59:36 PM »
Remember that Dad build mate ? recently that old &*(% threw it back in my face, so now I'm trying to sneak in and steel it back, all that hard work we did it went to shit. And that Blue was a dead set prick to match here, I gave up and picked a ppg colour off a chart, it looked pretty good on old blue, but I sold it before I finished it.

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 6738
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2013, 10:00:27 PM »
Here's an update for my mg shell too Kane

that's is fantastic,i thought it was a quality die cast at 1st look clap1 that is mad headbang

The wisest men follow their own direction.
May all your encounters with the law begin with the words, NICE HARLEY!

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2013, 10:31:09 PM »
Remember that Dad build mate ? recently that old &*(% threw it back in my face, so now I'm trying to sneak in and steel it back, all that hard work we did it went to shit. And that Blue was a dead set prick to match here, I gave up and picked a ppg colour off a chart, it looked pretty good on old blue, but I sold it before I finished it.

Oh man that's a bummer to hear, families man, we all have our shit at times unfortunately....

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2013, 10:33:49 PM »
Just waiting on some stencils that i thought i'd have by now for Goddles Losi Penta, and that's not  a long way from being done, and quite different to my normal style, so far i'm pretty stoked on it and coming out better than i thought it would.