Large Scale Downunder Forum

Currently:
  •  Some of my work - KLH concepts 5 4

Author Topic:  Some of my work - KLH concepts  (Read 27014 times)

Offline Craig#991

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2228
Re: Some of my work - KLH concepts
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »
I'm a farking grouse air brush artist, best in Oz I'd say. just can't be bothered and IMO Kane's time is worth less than mine  bananadance1 bananad

Offline klh mx10Topic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7181
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2012, 12:30:17 AM »
Just finished tonight for Tappet for his "Dad Build".

All paint no stickers!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

200 Series Landcruiser based grill and lights.

KLH concepts custom painting - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 6737
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2012, 12:49:27 AM »
Thats real cool mate ,he must be stoked,will look great on the build  thumbsup

The wisest men follow their own direction.
May all your encounters with the law begin with the words, NICE HARLEY!

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2012, 12:56:35 AM »
Cheers Brett, would you believe it took me 17 hours to do! Doesn't look complex but lots of littly fiddly logos and very intricate stenciling made the hours rack up on this one! That skullls and true fire one i did for Greg took less time to do! dontknow

KLH concepts custom painting - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2012, 01:17:52 AM »
The more i look at it the more i like it..17hrs wow..do you ever stop and have a break,lol

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2012, 01:29:33 AM »
Soon mate, soon. dontknow

Got Craig's Cat to finish and a mate's helmet and then i'm having a spell for a couple of months to do my own shit for a change pressure free! !woohoo!

Offline Hor Mann

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7866
  • Wanna see my watch?
  • Skype Name: kevinl2375
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2012, 07:02:04 AM »
Mate that looks sensational..
Love how it is ALL paint..thumbsup

Offline Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15187
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2012, 07:36:45 AM »
Damn Kane....that does look very cool, love your work mate thumbsup
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Godles

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2167
  • Luke
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
awesome work once again Kane!!

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2012, 01:31:37 PM »
The more i look at it the more i like it..17hrs wow..do you ever stop and have a break,lol
He's 20 hours into mine ATM and It's looking grouse bananadance1
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:32:46 PM by Craig#991 »

Offline atmmak5

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2547
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2012, 08:53:46 PM »
TALENT   clap1

Offline Redline

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2350
  • Mat
  • Club: SALS
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »
Got skills bro...can't wait to see what you can do with my two shells next year mate.

SALS You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login & You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2012, 09:38:10 PM »
Got skills bro...can't wait to see what you can do with my two shells next year mate.

Are these ones explosion proof this time Mat!  *rofl*

Offline Redline

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2350
  • Mat
  • Club: SALS
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2012, 09:52:38 PM »

Are these ones explosion proof this time Mat!  *rofl*

Haha they sure will be mate

SALS You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login & You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2013, 04:28:53 PM »
My poor old faithful little GMC $89 compressor crapped out after about 10 years regular use last week, never once changed the oil in it and still runs great, but it's developed an airleak somewhere in the main control assy with all the on/off switch electrics and i spent an hour on it trying to suss it out, but would've had to dissasemble all the wiring etc and thought nah, just too dangerous f*&*^*% with 240V shit for what it's worth! Def got my money's worth from it!! thumbsup

So got me a new Blackridge 40L tank job that's about twice the tank capacity of my current GMC one, Supercheap had them on an Easter sale from $280 down to $169 , got it all put together and then noticed my damn water/oil seperator won't fit it from my old one as it fouls on the tank, got some fittings today at lunchtime to adapt it out further and should be back in business tonight. This new one should keep up piece of piss now when i'm using my mini gun and a tankfull should go prob an hour of airbrushing, so that'll be good, less noisey air compresor in my earhole while i'm painting.

Here's my old faithful, man this thing has supplied the air to every RC shell and helmet etc i've painted in the last 10 years!

And here's the new one, hopefully i get a good run out of this one too.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:30:41 PM by klh mx10 »

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2013, 04:43:20 PM »
I got all excited  for nothing then *rofl*.

Nice compressor but not what I was hoping to see &angel*

Offline badwobble

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2013, 04:44:54 PM »
Awesome Pop,i bought the little baby black ridge for my ute last week..cost 80 bux

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2013, 05:22:59 PM »
I got all excited  for nothing then *rofl*.

Nice compressor but not what I was hoping to see &angel*

*rofl* *rofl* thought this would throw a few people!

If it wasn't for the compressor issues your hatch would almost be done, i did a couple more hours on it early last week (coming up pretty cool) before the compressor shit itself, also my mates lid i'm trying to finish for Easter as he's in town then and the poor buggers been waiting since Xmas last year - 15 months, it's in clear, just needs rubbing back and final clear coats blown on! Waited even longer than your boat Craig....  eek2

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2013, 11:29:11 AM »
Here's my mate's lid finaly done, simple design, what he wanted - he's an FMXer as does a few demo's each year around the place.

It took me longer to prep the new Troy lee Designs helmet and sand back flat the original graphics than to repaint it in his Punkrock theme!

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2013, 11:38:38 AM »
Shouldn't you be resting up for the weekend *pukes*

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2013, 11:47:39 AM »
Finished it before easter mate, as he was in town over Easter, he's waited 15 months so thought i'd try save him some freight. 1oops1

Been slothing on the couch this morning watching kids shows with Chloe, still snotted up to the max, as she is, got some good candle making going on between us atm....

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2013, 12:48:08 PM »
Finished it before easter mate, as he was in town over Easter, he's waited 15 months so thought i'd try save him some freight. 1oops1

Been slothing on the couch this morning watching kids shows with Chloe, still snotted up to the max, as she is, got some good candle making going on between us atm....

Hope they are scented with eucalypyus oil

Offline Driftclown

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 507
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2013, 01:17:01 PM »
hey kane quick question (dont wanna start something) but it is illegal to paint a helmet aint it... i know my old man has been asked many time to do them but due to removal of aus standards sticker, softening after painting and modification of a safety device ?

Offline gregrobo

• LSD Newbie
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2013, 01:20:09 PM »
the australian standard sticker is one of many standards on a helmet there is still the snell and dot markings on the inside

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2013, 04:13:30 PM »
hey kane quick question (dont wanna start something) but it is illegal to paint a helmet aint it... i know my old man has been asked many time to do them but due to removal of aus standards sticker, softening after painting and modification of a safety device ?

Nah all good mate legit question, i've read the MA handbook and there is a section specific to the painting of helmets, and to be honest it's a bit vague..... But you have international Snell and DOT standards which every helmet has stuck to the polystyrene liner inside, and these are stricter than the Australian AS1698 stickers applied to the outside.

I always tape around the AS 1698 stickers, and then clear over it all when finished, although many guys buy helmets direct from the US now which don't even have a 1698, only a complete tosser scruitineer would cause grief, and if you have your rule book you could slap him down with it in 2 sec flat....

If you sprayed straight onto the polystyrene layer inside you could def damage it with solvents, but the outer shell being painted is no different to a fibreglass or kevlar or carbon fibre panel on a race car, boat shell etc, etc.... So yeah the shell can't soften from painting? But if you don't tape thoroughly and get paint /solvents on the polystyrene you could def mess with it's integrity!

I've been asked this long ago on bike forums, and have a think how many V8 touring car, F1, Pro Moto-X and FMXer's, D/H mountainbikers etc etc run custom painted helmets. All of them, if it damaged the helmet they wouldn't be wearing them, and i never had a hassle in all the years i was racing at a State and National level, nor any guys i've painted for.

The MA rule book leaves it's explanation pretty open to interpretation.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:17:02 PM by klh mx10 »