Large Scale Downunder Forum

Currently:
  •  Some of my work - KLH concepts 5 4

Author Topic:  Some of my work - KLH concepts  (Read 27161 times)

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2475
Re: Some of my work - KLH concepts
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 07:48:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey ambro nah, I'm a Plant Operator for a bulk grain handling company. My olds bought me my 1st airbrush for my 16th birthday, and it's still the same airbrush I use to this day!!!!! I wanted a custom painted MX helmet back in the day and loved Troy Lee's work in the US as he was the hotshot painter in the MX scene, so started mucking about and after 12 months was getting OK at it, painted until I was 19 but it got out of hand as I'd have 3 helmets on the go all the time and would be up until 1am retrying to get them finished for race meetsmetc when I should've been sleeping myself before racing.....

Gave it away as it was interfering with my MX racing at that point when i was serious about it, I'd only painted helmets for myself every few years up until 5 years ago I decided to get back into it when my work went to a 4 day on,4 day off roster, and I had plenty of time to paint as had basically finished racing too, then we had our little one and now times fizzled out again...lol.

would of fooled me. i thought you were a painter some time in your life as a trade..

Offline klh mx10Topic starter

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7181
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 10:27:34 PM »
Bit too far to travel mate rofl

Could go for a run out the dunes afterwards though mate.....booty shake
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

KLH concepts custom painting - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 10:31:07 PM »
Hey ambro nah, I'm a Plant Operator for a bulk grain handling company. My olds bought me my 1st airbrush for my 16th birthday, and it's still the same airbrush I use to this day!!!!! I wanted a custom painted MX helmet back in the day and loved Troy Lee's work in the US as he was the hotshot painter in the MX scene, so started mucking about and after 12 months was getting OK at it, painted until 
I was 19 but it got out of hand as I'd have 3 helmets on the go all the time and would be up until 1am retrying to get them finished for race meetsmetc when I should've been sleeping myself before
Hey ambro nah, I'm a Plant Operator for a bulk grain handling company. My olds bought me my 1st airbrush for my 16th birthday, and it's still the same airbrush I use to this day!!!!! I wanted a custom painted MX helmet back in the day and loved Troy Lee's work in the US as he was the hotshot painter in the MX scene, so started mucking about and after 12 months was getting OK at it, painted until I was 19 but it got out of hand as I'd have 3 helmets on the go all the time and would be up until 1am retrying to get them finished for race meetsmetc when I should've been sleeping myself before racing.....

Gave it away as it was interfering with my MX racing at that point when i was serious about it, I'd only painted helmets for myself every few years up until 5 years ago I decided to get back into it when my work went to a 4 day on,4 day off roster, and I had plenty of time to paint as had basically finished racing too, then we had our little one and now times fizzled out again...lol.

would of fooled me. i thought you were a painter some time in your life as a trade..

No formal training mate, one of my best mates is a spray painter and has helped me out with a lot of info over the years, and these days YouTube etc has plenty of informative vids showing techniques, and just good old trial and error....

racing.....

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

KLH concepts custom painting - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2228
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 10:33:31 PM »
You're so modest, bit like me bananadance1
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:35:07 PM by Craig#991 »

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 10:54:14 PM »
1lma00!
f*** it we should name your new boat FIGJAM....... rofl

Offline Craig#991

• Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2228
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 10:58:35 PM »
1lma00!
f*** it we should name your new boat FIGJAM....... rofl

We could name the 38" Ski boat that thumbsup.

Offline Redline

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2350
  • Mat
  • Club: SALS
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 08:48:40 AM »
Bit too far to travel mate rofl

Could go for a run out the dunes afterwards though mate.....booty shake

I'm on my way bananadance1

SALS You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login & You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 09:58:04 AM »
rofl  driven1

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 10:12:30 AM »
put me down on the list when you get a chance i would like to send a penta shell to you. next year when you clear the back lot you still have to do..

cheers

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 01:25:36 AM »
Did this one quickly for my Blitz as the old shell was getting pretty trashed. 100% paint here.

went for a kevlar look arounf the rear shell vents.

And under differnt light showing the candy blue up better and with a few stickers applied for grill and light etc.

Offline Hor Mann

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 7866
  • Wanna see my watch?
  • Skype Name: kevinl2375
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 07:01:20 AM »
Holy f*** Kane...That looks HOT!!

Offline Baja Dan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2848
  • Banned for Life
    • The Worlds Best RC Site, Bar None
  • Location: Jack Lives Here, Jim Lives Here, So, I Live Here.......
  • Club: UHROC
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2012, 08:08:14 AM »
thats f*&*^*% awesome!
Sent from the LSD Naughty corner, using a flashlight and morse code

.... - - .--. ---... -..-. -..-. -... .. - .-.-.- .-.. -.-- -..-. .---- --... .-- ..-. -.. ..-. .-.

Offline Driftclown

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 507
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 08:14:08 AM »
im speachless mate thats a true tallent you have there really taken it to the next level... keep up the good work

Offline Mr.Leopard

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 310
  • GGF
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »
Your painting my leopard shell in THAT scheme mate....I'm drooling !!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Offline Rooster Tail Engines

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 846
    • Rooster Tail Engines
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2012, 09:04:25 AM »
Kane, nice work mate. looks good.

Offline seano

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1264
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2012, 09:41:59 AM »
Great job. I like the changes from you last Redbull.

Online Ozzy Mozzy

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 15187
    • Steve
    • Large Scale Downunder
  • Instagram: OzzyMozzyLSD
  • Club: Freestyle Flyers
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2012, 09:46:56 AM »
Damn Kane you are unfuckingbelieveable............. That looks unfuckingreal... bananadance

Offline bennyd

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 2035
  • Benny
    • Benny
  • Instagram: bennyd1980
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »
Holy f*** Kane...That looks HOT!!

+1 mate, awesome eek2
Back playing with real cars

Quote from: GonzoRacer
All too often I say "I can build something nicer than that" and I'm looking at my own build log...

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 10:22:30 PM »
man looks fantastic kane , gee your a great painter.. you do some outstanding work..

after doing my losi shell, and that was just a two paint theme, i have a new found respect for painters like yourself and others.  some of them paint jobs you have done a just a master piece..

might call you michelangleo..

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 01:27:00 AM »
Just finished Craig's ski boat "Animal Instincts" today, candy organic green over white, with some subtle metal effect tribal graphics and ghosted "Evolution RC" logo on deck and my logo ghosted on the rear. About 1/4 through his big Cat too, hope to get alot done on that this Mon/Tue.

i got this posted over in Craigs boat build thread too - so sorry for double posting but couldn't be bothered creating another post from scratch....lol

Offline in rod we trust

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »
as always kane your work is fantasic.. that looks killer

Offline stephoon

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 527
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2012, 11:36:17 PM »
WOW! big fan of your work now mate! Awesome colour combos and all looks great! Shame about the v1 grafil shells, bet you felt like it was a waste of effort.

Thanks for the signature Steve!
A fkwit said as a tip to another driver "don't let them pass! if they're good enough, they'll pass you!"
"BIGOT" is his new name. Who's ass kissing now?
$$Wallet funded enthusiast!$$

Offline SHORTCUT

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 1379
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2012, 06:29:20 AM »
Mate i take my hat off to you. I just finished cutting out my paint masks last night i even found that to be PITA,

There is no way i can even get close to your detailed work. I will be painting tonight, will be to embarass to even post pictures up of it compared to your work.

What you do is a level that can only described as someone who has passion and loves to paint.

By the way that rooster tail logo looks easy by f*** it's hard to replicate by airbrush
Signature By Ozzy Mozzy
Large Scale Downunder Addict

• LSD Contributor
  • Addicted LSD Member
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2012, 12:32:57 PM »
Thanks mate, and yep the Rooster logo takes a bit to replicate in paint for sure, I was a bit suprised even when I did Coz's shell as to what had to be done to recreate it, I think that's why a lot of people struggle to see the dollar value of a custom painted shell until they try themselves and how long shit can take to do, if something looks like its hard to do that's probably because it is! *rofl*

When I first started painting I used to hand draw and cut all my stencils, and hence a reasonable helmet would average 25hours work which I could never charge for...!

In the 10+ years I had away from painting, technology came along way, and now I have all my lettering and most logos computer cut these days, saves alot of time and makes your work a lot more precise and professional looking, combined with freehand techniques it works sweet and pretty much all professional painters have they're own vinyl plotter machines for this purpose. I have to get my stencils done by a 3rd party unfortunately but just can't justify the outlay for a plotter for what is just an on the side hobby for me.

And mate we all had to start somewhere, my early jobs were as crap as anyone's....lol. And there's painters around that can do things I could only dream of, what some people can think up and turn into reality is amazing!

Offline Mr.Leopard

• LSD Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Addicted LSD Member
  • Liked: 310
  • GGF
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2012, 07:59:25 PM »
Airbrushing can be a bloody pita ...took me a long time to get used it to especially after being a beater/spray painter for 5 years

I was the best blender in all 3 prestige panel shops I worked in and painter but using 3 fingers compared to 1 finger tip is a whole different ballgame ...just can't get my head around finger movements as I'm used to the flicking of the wrist if you get what I mean

Can take a lot of practice to get good at airbrushing and a wild imagination

I think the next custom paintjob will be on my 1:1 VL ....white pearl base with a shitload of shithot pearls that only show up under the light.....real flames and a few other bits and bobs that I can do with my satajet compared to a little pencil

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2